Author Topic: Welcome our Payoneer Rep.  (Read 12674 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Welcome our Payoneer Rep.
« on: October 30, 2018, 03:40:09 PM »
Remy is my Australian Payoneer Rep, but should be able to help with any Payoneer issue.

Feel free to use this area to discuss issues, or ask for help.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: Lysmata Debelius

remypayoneer

Re: Welcome our Payoneer Rep.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 04:01:03 PM »
Hi everyone and thanks Timothy.

I manage our Australian and New Zealand businesses since we launched our Sydney office 6 months ago. Our vision is help businesses grow globally by giving them the tools to receive payments all over the world. If you have any questions about new accounts, how to be paid in new markets or any questions about your existing one - feel free to let me know remyja@payoneer.com or via the forum.

Anyone interested in creating an account is welcome to do so using Timothys link http://tracking.payoneer.com/SH1Z8 accounts are free and can be created in 5 minutes.

I'm working with many creatives and authors in this space. Keep it up!

Many thanks,
Remy

The following users thanked this post: Lysmata Debelius

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 03:54:12 AM »
So pleased to see a rep here  :mhk9U91:. I had such a job contacting someone for a recent query. I got stuck in a FAQ loop and eventually had to resort to the Payoneer Facebook page to message an actual person. I've usually had excellent service from Payoneer and have recommended it to many people. But this year I was not notified that my card was expiring and I only found out when the card was declined. Now I have wait several weeks for a new one and can't access my funds. The card is on it's way, but post to SA is a bit hit and miss. I hope you are still available when the expected arrival time is up  :icon_rolleyes:

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

remypayoneer

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 08:34:48 AM »
Hi Jan,

Nice to meet you - feel free to Private message me or email me with your email and I will take a look. I'll also share my contact details in the event you need to get in-touch directly.

Thanks!
Remy

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 06:25:19 PM »
Thanks so much  :Tup2:. I introduced a friend to Payoneer a while back and she also got stuck in the FAQ loop and neither of us could find a way round it. It might be an idea if Payoneer offered a contact email that got you out of the loop.  Grin

The following users thanked this post: remypayoneer

remypayoneer

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 10:33:06 AM »
Sure - remyja@payoneer.com if you have any questions :)

The following users thanked this post: Jan Hurst-Nicholson

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 12:30:51 AM »
Sure - remyja@payoneer.com if you have any questions :)

I have put your email into my address book  :tup3b

Simon Haynes

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 05:54:07 PM »
Hi Remy

I'm with Payoneer and it's working fine so far.  My only problem is trying to find the correct settings to use with Amazon Affiliates UK (not US)

This is what they're after:

Bank Location (Country)

Bank Name:

IBAN:

BIC:

Now, if I look at the GBP account details on Payoneer, there's only a sort code and an account number. On the other hand, if I look into the EURO account details, there's an IBAN and a BIC for that. (I ended up putting Germany as the country and using the IBAN and BIC for the EURO account, but I'd rather use the UK account with England as the country.)

Is there any way Payoneer can display the correct IBAN and BIC on the GBP account details, below the account number and sort code? Amazon UK won't accept what you have already, and judging by my web searches there are a LOT of people seeking this information.

remypayoneer

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 08:29:17 AM »
Hey Simon,

Thanks for your message. Yes I have come across this a few times.

Your UK account through Payoneer is typically a Barclays collection account. This means that it doesn't come with an Iban or Bic code, as these codes are typically required to send/receive international payments. However in some instances, a provider (in your case, Amazon Affiliate UK) may require them.

We can't add these to the existing UK account. However we can issue you with a second UK account that has these details. Send me your Payoneer email address to remyja@payoneer.com and I'll get our Customer Care team to call you & setup.  I hope that answers your question!

Many thanks,
Remy

Simon Haynes

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 07:59:12 PM »
Thanks for the help - all sorted now!

Astrid Torquay

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 09:00:04 AM »
Hi Remy, and thanks Timothy for starting this up.

I am Australian. I have questions before I sign up to Payoneer (using the affiliate link, of course). (Not sure if my questions fit here or if I should start a new thread.) Like all tech companies, the info given is vague and circular, and I never really figure out how things work until I use them. But anyway.

1. Is a single Payoneer account used to get payments from all Amazon stores? So far, I have royalties from US, UK, several EU, Brazil, Canada and Australia, with some only a few sales.

2. Will I receive a debit card? Mailed to me in Australia? (The FAQs say only that "if you signed up to Payoneer with a local bank account, you will not be able to receive a Payoneer card". I have no idea what that means.)

3. Once I have a Payoneer account, can I use it to make payments to suppliers/vendors? (rather than using my Australian bank account and losing money on currency conversion). As most vendors accept PayPal, can I link the Payoneer card (if I get one) to PayPal?

4. What documents/info do I need to have ready to sign up?

(I ask because TransferWise was all like "Hey, just start sending money" and when I did, it all stalled, because they needed my passport, proof of address, business details etc., plus a few days to verify my business with ASIC or whatever, and then they sent this message that I should have completed my profile before trying to send money. Grr.)

Thank you, to Remy or any other users who can shed light.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 11:24:10 AM »
1. Yes. All in US$.

2. Yes. Its a standard Mastercard, can be used almost anywhere, but the charges are converted to US$ if not already.

3. If they accept credit card payment, yes. No to paypal linkage. Its been suggested they do this, but not so far.

I dont remember 4, but it is all on the site somewhere. Remy probably has the list at hand. You do need to be able to prove who you are and where you live, like any bank.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: Astrid Torquay

remypayoneer

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 03:09:05 PM »
Hey Astrid,

Timothy has answered the questions well below.

4. To signup you will need your Australian ABN, Australian Bank Account Details and a Drivers Licence (Or similar state ID)

As you are selling via the Amazon book store, yes Amazon will convert this for you into USD and you will be paid by Amazon in USD to your Payoneer USD account. Email me your Payoneer email address when you have created and I will mark you as an AUS VIP and check in as your Account Manager! My email is remyja@payoneer.com

I hope this helps!

Many thanks,
Remy

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 05:07:37 PM »
4. To signup you will need your Australian ABN

Has this changed? I didn't need one when I first signed up. Nor do I have one, or in fact want one.

I get the best tax rate based on being an artist, not a business.

Astrid Torquay

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 08:47:11 PM »
Yay, I get to be a VIP! Thank you both for your answers.

Except ... now I have another question -- about being a business (sole trader with a registered business name). Which I hadn't thought about till now.

Ideally, I would open my Payoneer account as a business account, not a personal/individual account, and link to my Australian business bank account. The biz account name is Legal Name T/As Business Name.

Will this make things more complicated, or is it still straight forward?

(I know, I should just open the account and figure it out as I go, but paperwork freaks me out, if you hadn't guessed, and I like to know everything going in. Otherwise, I'll open the account in the next couple of days, once I figure out how my scanner works so I can digitize my license. Or photograph it -- does that work too?)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 03:55:49 AM »

No to paypal linkage. Its been suggested they do this, but not so far.

I had an enormous runaround trying to link a Paypal and Payoneer account. After spending days and days on a fruitless FAQ loop I finally had to phone PayPal in the US from SA. Turns out that it's Paypal that won't make the link. They probably consider Payoneer a competitor  :icon_rolleyes:

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 11:34:46 AM »

No to paypal linkage. Its been suggested they do this, but not so far.

I had an enormous runaround trying to link a Paypal and Payoneer account. After spending days and days on a fruitless FAQ loop I finally had to phone PayPal in the US from SA. Turns out that it's Paypal that won't make the link. They probably consider Payoneer a competitor  :icon_rolleyes:.

I met with Remy yesterday, and it was one of the things we talked about. He's going to try a few things to see if there is a way around.

And yes, it is Paypal not playing ball here.

Astrid Torquay

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 11:57:48 AM »
OK, bear with me, because although I am usually a high-functioning adult, money and bureaucracy break my brain.

First, I have a Payoneer account, and I am ready to give my bank details to Amazon so I can receive my royalties from all stores.

My first question below was "1. Is a single Payoneer account used to get payments from all Amazon stores? So far, I have royalties from US, UK, several EU, Brazil, Canada and Australia, with some only a few sales."
Timothy said, "Yes, All $US."

So that's nice.

But the how-to videos on Payoneer suggest that I need to set up a bank account for every single place that I am receiving money from -- US, GBP, and each Europe store. If I want money from Australia or Canada, I need to request an account, and no word at all about Brazil. There is information about connecting all Amazon stores, but that is all Amazon Seller stuff that I cannot understand.
I don't want to lose another hour to the FAQ loop.

Please confirm/clarify for confused little me:

Do I simply give Amazon my US Payoneer account details, and they will magically put payments from every store into that account, in US$?

Or is there another step or steps?

Or does the answer lie in my KDP account and not in Payoneer?

Thank you!

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 12:14:45 PM »
But the how-to videos on Payoneer suggest that I need to set up a bank account for every single place that I am receiving money from -- US, GBP, and each Europe store. If I want money from Australia or Canada, I need to request an account, and no word at all about Brazil. There is information about connecting all Amazon stores, but that is all Amazon Seller stuff that I cannot understand.
I don't want to lose another hour to the FAQ loop.

Please confirm/clarify for confused little me:

Do I simply give Amazon my US Payoneer account details, and they will magically put payments from every store into that account, in US$?

Or is there another step or steps?

Or does the answer lie in my KDP account and not in Payoneer?

Thank you!

Unless you specify a country specific bank account in KDP, Amazon pay you in the currency of the account you give them. So if its a US Payoneer account, KDP pays all stores in US$. You then download that into your own bank in your own currency.

The only reason I see for separate accounts for each country, is if you use your Payoneer account to pay bills from in each countries own currency. But I cant see why if all you do is KDP.

Simplest is to have a single US Payoneer account, and KDP pays everything into it in US$

remypayoneer

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2018, 04:36:04 PM »
4. To signup you will need your Australian ABN

Has this changed? I didn't need one when I first signed up. Nor do I have one, or in fact want one.

I get the best tax rate based on being an artist, not a business.

Yes this would have changed since we launched the Australian office this year Timothy. Having the ABN/ACN is just a requirement for Australian business accounts now. You can can still signup for a personal Payoneer account without one.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2018, 06:00:12 PM »
Yes this would have changed since we launched the Australian office this year Timothy. Having the ABN/ACN is just a requirement for Australian business accounts now. You can can still signup for a personal Payoneer account without one.

That's good. But does the signup itself inform people of this? Or just demand an ABN?

I know I'm out of step with other Australian authors in not having one, but people signing up now may not be aware they can be an author who is not a business.

Ingram Spark for example, demand an ABN. No ABN, you cant join them. No distinction between being a business, or being an author. Needless to say, I didn't join them.

remypayoneer

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 10:22:38 AM »
Good question.

The ABN is required for the business accounts. However you can apply for an individual account.

All you need for an individual account is piece of identification (drivers licence, national ID, Passport).

You can choose which account you would like at the beginning of the sign up process. I hope that answers the questions!

Many thanks,
Remy

The following users thanked this post: TimothyEllis

idontknowyet

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2019, 03:49:34 PM »
I don't know if you are around anymore, but I was wondering if payoneer plans on offering any protection for buyers.

If I pay with paypal I can contest the charge if I am not provided the service or item bought. With payoneer once the money is sent there is zero protection for the buyer. I have to hope the vendor is honest.

remypayoneer

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2019, 12:34:01 PM »
Hey, yes I am still with Payoneer!

This is a good question. As Payoneer is focused only in the B2B space, the funds being sent are not for consumer items, so this is typically Good and Services. As a result, the relationships between vendors are usually well established. However in the event there is a dispute, we will work with the the relevant bodies to settle the matter. Furthermore, if you are sending to a Payoneer account (to that of your supplier/vendor) and there is an issue, we have the verified business information of the vendor to prevent fraudulent cases (in the first place), as all account holders are vetted with thorough "KYC" know your customer checks.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions,
Remy

The following users thanked this post: Simon Haynes, Jan Hurst-Nicholson