Author Topic: Geektastic Promotions  (Read 778 times)

alhawke

Geektastic Promotions
« on: May 21, 2020, 11:42:12 PM »
I'm always on the lookout for new promo companies, researching and sifting through the web (probably too much), and willing to try different ones. There's very little info on Geektastic. I like the fact that Geektastic is genre specific for sci fi/fantasy. Anyone who's tried them want to volunteer a yea or nay? Silence will give me info too.

DrewMcGunn

Re: Geektastic Promotions
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 02:16:45 AM »
I used them last year. I did it on my first-in-series in conjunction with a half-dozen other promos during the release of the last book in a series, so it's hard to know for sure how effective it was, given it was part of a larger boost. If I was forced to give a yea or nay, I'd give it a qualified yea. If you've got enough books in a series with decent enough read-through, then you should do better than break even. I'd weigh my options more carefully if the book is a stand-alone or if the series hasn't reached 3 books or more yet.

Drew McGunn

The following users thanked this post: alhawke

alhawke

Re: Geektastic Promotions
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 07:05:26 AM »
Thanks, Drew McGunn. Good to see you had some success with them.

They're also affiliated with BrazenBookshelf, which I also invite any comments on, 'cause that's lacking out there on the web too.

BTW, I hoped Geektastic was associated with Booktstik. I really liked Booktastik and now they're gone, RIP; gone with two others recently: Booktastik, Ebookasaurous, Book Hippo (Book Hippo might return, their blog says).