Author Topic: Smashwords Unveils New Book Discovery Interface  (Read 1552 times)

Demon_Lord

• Novella unlocked
  • FYI I often modify my post to correct typos.
Smashwords Unveils New Book Discovery Interface
« on: November 17, 2018, 01:30:26 PM »
It was just about time, it looks much better for sure. Similar to other venues. They do ask the visitor to confirm his/her erotica preferences.

https://www.smashwords.com/shelves/category/1

The following users thanked this post: Denise

Joe Vasicek

Re: Smashwords Unveils New Book Discovery Interface
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 05:53:40 PM »
This explains why my permafrees are seeing a marked increase in downloads on Smashwords. May it lead to increased sales for all of us!

BillSmithBooksDotCom

• Blurb unlocked
  • Bill Smith, author of the Outlaw Galaxy series.
    • BillSmithBooks.com
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 05:14:39 AM »
This explains why my permafrees are seeing a marked increase in downloads on Smashwords. May it lead to increased sales for all of us!

Your freebies were prominently featured in the scifi freebie shelf when I checked the site last weekend!! Congrats and hope it gives your whole line a boost.
Bill Smith is the author of the Outlaw Galaxy series of space adventure novels and several Star Wars books. Found at all major retailers as well as at www.BillSmithBooks.com or www.OutlawGalaxy.com. Bill blogs at www.BillSmithBlog.com. Get the Outlaw Galaxy: Little Wind and Other Tales short story collection FREE at all major retailers.

The following users thanked this post: Joe Vasicek

Ros

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 05:37:58 AM »
As a reader I like it, but it does surface more of the big names that are more familiar to me. So it's going to divide authors more so that there will be a smaller number of authors who do quite well, whilst most will remain hidden. Yet, given that those names won't necessarily be the same as the authors who are doing great on other platforms, that's probably an overall benefit because it gives readers a bit more confidence in buying.

Ros Jackson | author website | blog | twitter | goodreads