Author Topic: New Categories  (Read 311 times)

seppy123

New Categories
« on: June 21, 2023, 04:50:16 AM »
Does anyone understand the new category system? There's no erotica at all and there's romance, but if you hit the adult content because it has some explicit scenes, do they hide it like they did erotica? And do they not publish erotica at all anymore? It's confusing. I have erom and I'm not seeing any slowing down of sales, but this is also the first time I published since they changed the cats, so I'm not sure what to put.
I should edit to say I'm not so concerned about my erotica. That's an old name I don't add to anymore, but I'm not sure what it means for my romance, which is perfectly legit. A couple of them only have 1 or 2 explicit scenes out of 60k words. I tried to ask zon, but you know how that goes. I wound up talking in circles with a bot.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 05:26:26 AM by seppy123 »

ALT

• Tag Line unlocked
Re: New Categories
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 07:01:31 PM »
Hi,

The new categories DO have erotica. You can find it via the browse path below:

Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Erotica > (Your subcategory..)

I know what you mean about 'adult' scenes in other work though. I just published a box set of a trilogy from a recent LitRPG series and because there are one or two adult series there I ticked the box (unlike with the individual books which were published pre-new Cat. system). Early days for the 'Box' but so far there seem to be problems being picked up by Azon search. It's definitely not 'Dungeoned' though in terms of being 'Hidden.' I'm wary about updating categories on any of my back catalogs across pen names until I understand this better though.

seppy123

Re: New Categories
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 06:14:51 AM »
Yeah, I found it, eventually. I'm not checking the adult box on romance. I'm assuming they are talking about if you are putting what should really be erotica in other genres. If you check the box on legit romance just because it has a scene or two, that's like 98% of romance, which is their biggest genre as far as drawing readers into KU. I have been motivated to start that zero sex urban fantasy story I've been kicking around for a while though. I've always wanted to write a story that gives me an excuse to have a dragon.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 06:19:13 AM by seppy123 »