Author Topic: How long for Amazon Advertising (AMS) impressions and clicks to show up?  (Read 2063 times)

MHodmann

• Blurb unlocked
So I've finally decided to check out this advertising thing on Amazon and setup a campaign for a book from a different pen name. It was approved yesterday and has been running for >24 hours. I'm probably just being impatient, but my dash still reports 0 impressions and 0 clicks.

So how quickly do these numbers usually show up? Did I setup something wrong? Or do I just need to be a little more patient? (I'm guessing the last one, but you never know...)

ImaWriter

Re: How long for Amazon Advertising (AMS) impressions and clicks to show up?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 10:22:30 AM »
IIRC they say it can take up to 36 hours after approval, but I've never waited more than 24.

EllieL

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 12:04:12 PM »
I've just recently dipped my toes in AMS as well. It took about 36 hours to start to see impressions, clicks took longer, and dang if I haven't paid out about 11 bucks to make 2.00! lol But I'm only keeping a small daily budget to start as my main goal is just visibility for now, more than anything. I also get daily emails from Amazon, encouraging me to up my daily spend too, but I'm not doing that just yet,so don't be surprised to see those 'dear advertiser' emails.
Historical and contemporary romance

Signature Tool Alpha Test

Anarchist

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 04:05:13 PM »
I suspect history is a factor. I see impressions, and sometimes clicks, within a couple hours.

I have thousands of campaigns, so AMS may have thrown a switch that expedites approval and ad visibility. But that's just a guess.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Nothing that requires the labor of others is a basic human right.

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC

Lu Kudzoza

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 05:08:11 AM »
Product Display Interest ads sometimes take up to 6 weeks to start showing impressions. It's dependent on your bid (the more you bid the faster they start -- and also you get more impressions with a higher bid).

Sponsored Product Keyword ads usually start delivering impressions within 24 hours of the ad being approved.