Author Topic: How long do you keep the sale price after a BookBub?  (Read 1174 times)

Rod Little

How long do you keep the sale price after a BookBub?
« on: October 31, 2019, 12:50:13 PM »
I have an International BookBub coming up in November at 0.99  I noticed they asked me in the confirmation form how long I would agree to keep it on sale "At least until: [date]".  I put at least 5 days, but I can extend it.

For those who have had a BB, how long do you usually keep the sale price rolling? A short time or long time?   

I suppose a case could be made for both (move it back to 5.99 quickly to recoup costs, or keep it on sale to keep momentum).

Thanks for your input.
 :cheers
Genre: science fiction, horror

website

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet

David VanDyke

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Full-time hybrid author and curmudgeon
    • David VanDyke's Author Website
Re: How long do you keep the sale price after a BookBub?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 07:10:57 AM »
What they care about is your guarantee to them. Keep it short--perhaps 2 weeks, I suggest--to give yourself flexibility.

To the question of how long it's advantageous for YOU to keep it discounted, I'd say as long as you're selling more than normal, whatever that is, keep the price low. You strategy was to give a discount, so why stop it before it's run its course?

Once the sales decline to normal, put it back to a normal price, as evidently the discount isn't working anymore at that point.
Never listen to people with no skin in the game.

I'm a lucky guy. I find the harder I work, the luckier I am.

Those who prefer their English sloppy have only themselves to thank if the advertisement writer uses his mastery of the vocabulary and syntax to mislead their weak minds.

~ Dorothy L. Sayers

Rod Little

Re: How long do you keep the sale price after a BookBub?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 12:59:29 PM »
To the question of how long it's advantageous for YOU to keep it discounted, I'd say as long as you're selling more than normal, whatever that is, keep the price low. You strategy was to give a discount, so why stop it before it's run its course?

Once the sales decline to normal, put it back to a normal price, as evidently the discount isn't working anymore at that point.

Thanks, David.  That's a good plan.
Genre: science fiction, horror

website