Author Topic: English-German Translation Services  (Read 1487 times)

German Translator

English-German Translation Services
« on: September 26, 2018, 10:50:53 AM »
I am a native German speaker with a Ph.D in English from the University of Würzburg. I am also certified (English-German) by the American Translators Association.

I worked for 4 years as an in-house translator at Origin Systems, a subsidiary of Electronic Arts. There, I translated numerous classic computer games such as System Shock, Wing Commander 3 and Wing Commander 4, and Wings of Glory.

Since then, I have localized many more games, among them most of the military simulation titles in the Jane's Combat Simulation series.

I was also the German Language Lead for World of Warcraft: Das offizielle Magazin during its entire print run.

See what authors had to say about me:

"...one of the best English to German translators on the market. He did a superb job on translating The Red Baron into German, and he has an encyclopedic knowledge of military terms and history that is of tremendous value ... should be the first person you contact for all your English to German translating needs. "
 Richard Fox, author of The Red Baron

Frank Dietz is an awesome translator! He's fast, has great communication, and formats the translation perfectly! He is great to work with and puts a lot of passion into creating an excellent German book. I hope to work with him again. Highly recommended!
 - Rain Oxford, author of The Sorcerer's Quest

"A pleasure to work with. Maintained an open line of communication during the translation process, demonstrated impressive translation and editing skills, and produced a high quality translation. "
 E.J. Stevens, author of Shadow Sight

If you are intererested in opening up a new market for your fantasy, science fiction, thriller, action/adventure, LitRPG, mystery or military/historical novel, please contact me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 10:21:41 AM by German Translator »

Just a few of the books I have translated (English <-> German)

Mark Gardner

Re: English-German Translation Services
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 12:01:41 PM »
I can vouch for Frank's bonafides.