Author Topic: Free through 9/21  (Read 757 times)

Maggie Ann

Free through 9/21
« on: September 19, 2020, 05:14:31 AM »
Three Novelettes (fancy title)

Sweet Savage Charity – Plymouth Colony 1621
Within months of stepping off the Mayflower, Charity Williams buried her husband. Within hours, she was told whom she would marry. But Charity has other ideas. Aided by the Wampanoag brave she meets in the forest, she plans to defy the governor, the council and the whole colony.

Of Love and War – July 4, 1943
John Jameson is home from the war. The Fourth of July has always been his favorite holiday, but now he finds himself alone on the boardwalk in his New Jersey home town. It seems like everyone he knew is either off to war or working in the factories producing the armaments of war. Along comes Julie to offer him a cold drink. Happy to have someone to spend the day with, especially one so young and beautiful, he accepts her invitation for a backyard picnic. He has no idea what is behind Julie’s seemingly innocent invitation. He has no idea that the afternoon will force him to face what he has lost and find his heart at last.

Only In My Dreams - My favorite of the three
Delia Cummings isn't dissatisfied with her life. She doesn't think she has a life to be dissatisfied with. She works in a bakery, decorating cakes and bagging up rolls and pastries. Her husband, Charlie, as often as not falls asleep in front of the TV. Her children are grown and married, with not even a hint of a grandchild to give her purpose. After nearly thirty years of marriage and little to show for it, Delia is tired; just plain tired. And it is only in her dreams that she begins to find a reason to go on living.

https://www.amazon.com/Three-Novelettes-Margaret-Lake-ebook/dp/B00IAQXM8I/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=three+novelettes+margaret+lake&qid=1600456204&s=digital-text&sr=1-1

« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 05:29:06 AM by Maggie Ann »