Author Topic: Self publish, keeping 100% of your profits in the process  (Read 781 times)

JonFG

• Tag Line unlocked
Self publish, keeping 100% of your profits in the process
« on: June 15, 2021, 03:27:23 AM »
Hey everyone! I'm from Soundwise (https://mysoundwise.com). We aim to provide a better solution for indie creators who want to sell audiobooks directly to their listeners. There's no royalty cut, no listener limit, and no limit to audiobook quantity. You also own all copyrights and have access to listener email addresses.

Usually, we charge a subscription fee for our service, however for a limited time we're offering authors a lifetime publisher account, for a small one-time fee. If you're interested, check it out at https://mysoundwise.com/pricing under the Essentials plan.

If you're looking for an alternative solution to traditional audiobook platforms, then try us out! We are used by over 3000 authors and audio creators, such as NYT bestselling authors Lauren Blakely and Gaelen Foley. Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) just did a review of us. If you have any questions, feel free to comment on this or DM me

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: Self publish, keeping 100% of your profits in the process
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 04:17:56 PM »
How do you find out what is already on there?

I downloaded the app to my phone, but it demands a login before doing anything. 10k downloads for the app so far is not much.

I did a google search, and nothing comes up about what is already on there.

I like the idea, but there appears to be no findability outside of you publishing your own links to your books. That severely limits potential sales.

I can see this working as a way of sending listeners already on your mailing list to buy a new release, but after that? How do readers who don't do mailing lists or FB groups find your audiobooks?

Is it right that the offer doesn't include any statistics?

What currency do you pay in?

What happens with GST type taxes, and what withholding tax do you take out?

The FAQ doesn't really cover most of the questions an author is going to want to know. imo.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet