Author Topic: Is it possible? Another KDP Select Question.  (Read 1296 times)

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
Is it possible? Another KDP Select Question.
« on: September 29, 2018, 06:04:03 AM »
If asked and answered, previously, please redirect and I will pull down the post.   Thanks!

Within KDP, is it possible to run a free book promotion and NOT participate in KDP Select?   If it is possible to run a free book promotion, and not violate the KDP TOS, what are the steps?

Cheers,
Ruairķ

RPatton

Re: Is it possible? Another KDP Select Question.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 09:44:58 AM »
Yep. It's called price matching.

Your book needs to be on BN, Google Play, and/or Apple Books. They didn't take Kobo on its own the last time I did it.

Price your book to free on the other stores. When price hits, send an email (I think I went through Author Central) with the book's ASIN and the links to the other stores (in all countries it's priced for free) requesting them to price match. Sometimes they don't, but most of the time they will. If they don't, you come back here and as people to price match your book and eventually they'll price it down to free.

If you are planning on doing it for a promotion, you'll have to plan ahead, I like 7-10 days ahead of time at least to make sure Amazon is playing nice.

The following users thanked this post: R. C.

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
Re: Is it possible? Another KDP Select Question.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 10:52:32 AM »
Yep. It's called price matching.

Your book needs to be on BN, Google Play, and/or Apple Books. They didn't take Kobo on its own the last time I did it.

Price your book to free on the other stores. When price hits, send an email (I think I went through Author Central) with the book's ASIN and the links to the other stores (in all countries it's priced for free) requesting them to price match. Sometimes they don't, but most of the time they will. If they don't, you come back here and as people to price match your book and eventually they'll price it down to free.

If you are planning on doing it for a promotion, you'll have to plan ahead, I like 7-10 days ahead of time at least to make sure Amazon is playing nice.

Thank you  - Yes, I have followed this process previously.  I was hoping for a magic wand, silver bullet, exciting short cut.  :)

Cheers,
Ruairķ