Author Topic: Something odd is going on with my fb ads  (Read 302 times)

idontknowyet

Something odd is going on with my fb ads
« on: May 31, 2022, 03:21:55 PM »
All month i've been fiddling with fb ads mostly unsuccessfully.

Turn on an ad it does little to nothing. Turn off and ad.

Try another ad that fails. Turn it off.

Rinse and repeat.

I had one little ad that made a modest return so i turned everything else off but that one and took a fb ad break.

A few days ago my sales and pg reads went wonky. They doubled. Now they've tripled. (still a modest number of sales nothing mind blowing). One day they got close to quadrupling.

I checked my nl swaps and don't have anything going now.

Here's the thing my sales are split between the book that i have a fb ad for and the boxed set for that same book.

Are people really going to find the boxed set to read instead of the single books just from that fb ad? Or could all this be from previous ads and fb catching up. The ads were dismal though. No rank shift at all, and almost zero sales or pg reads.

I'd like to be able to repeat what's happening, but since i have no clue that seems impossible.

writeway

Re: Something odd is going on with my fb ads
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 05:05:48 PM »
FB ads have become almost useless for a lot of people since Apple introduced the new privacy thing.

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet

alhawke

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 12:24:28 AM »
A few days ago my sales and pg reads went wonky. They doubled. Now they've tripled. (still a modest number of sales nothing mind blowing). One day they got close to quadrupling.
I find that my ads sometimes compete with one another. So if I'm running multiple ads and cuts a few off, the remaining one performs better.
Are people really going to find the boxed set to read instead of the single books just from that fb ad? Or could all this be from previous ads and fb catching up. The ads were dismal though. No rank shift at all, and almost zero sales or pg reads.
Not usually. I don't think so. Typically I've found people buy the boxed set because you're advertising it (and it makes more sense cost wise to do that if your advertising your books) or they see it when wanting to continue the series. I see readers choose the first book first if they're trying you out.

If I were you, I'd experiment. Plug more money into the recent successful ad OR let it sit alone for a while. You'll know soon enough if you have a winning ad or if you were just lucky with sales with it and it was a coincidence.

R. C.

• Long Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • Ruairí Cinéad Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 01:24:59 AM »
My FB ADs did work fairly well. Recently, after the IoS changes and the new Meta Processes, the ADs became useless.  After several revisions to improve performance, I stopped them all with the intention of coming back when FB/Meta figures out their new AD processes. 

Shockingly, FB/Meta has reached out several times to meet and discuss how to improve the ADs.  I finally accepted, and scheduled a meeting.

The "account manager" cancelled an hour before we were to meet.  Several days later, she asked me to reschedule, gave a few time options, I re-booked. She came back and told me the time slots were no longer available.

Consequently, FB/Meta ADs are no longer on my to-do list.

R.C.
↓↓↓ Latest Creation ↓↓↓

R.C. Ducantlin

writeway

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2022, 03:56:49 PM »
My FB ADs did work fairly well. Recently, after the IoS changes and the new Meta Processes, the ADs became useless.  After several revisions to improve performance, I stopped them all with the intention of coming back when FB/Meta figures out their new AD processes. 

Shockingly, FB/Meta has reached out several times to meet and discuss how to improve the ADs.  I finally accepted, and scheduled a meeting.

The "account manager" cancelled an hour before we were to meet.  Several days later, she asked me to reschedule, gave a few time options, I re-booked. She came back and told me the time slots were no longer available.

Consequently, FB/Meta ADs are no longer on my to-do list.

R.C.

They canceled the meeting? They must do this a lot because I've seen several authors through the years say FB sets meetings then cancel. So do they just set them to make it look like they are concerned or what? Makes no sense.

The following users thanked this post: R. C., idontknowyet