Author Topic: Are you doing any marketing for Read a Book Day Sept 6th?  (Read 726 times)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
Are you doing any marketing for Read a Book Day Sept 6th?
« on: September 02, 2022, 04:07:39 AM »
I am considering making my books free. But it's a schlepp doing so much advertising.  :icon_rolleyes:

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

alhawke

Re: Are you doing any marketing for Read a Book Day Sept 6th?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 04:44:30 AM »
I didn't even know Sep 6th was Read a Book Day.  :icon_redface: I knew of the big Labor Day weekend here in the US and Canada. Is that how the day came about? Was it started for Labor Day Weekend?

Whatever the case, good luck to you if you choose to market. I already did too much marketing last month, so I'm not running any promos. I am releasing a boxed set, though next week (I actually usually avoid releasing during holidays; perhaps I should have released on the 6th? oops).

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 05:06:15 AM »
I didn't even know Sep 6th was Read a Book Day.  :icon_redface: I knew of the big Labor Day weekend here in the US and Canada. Is that how the day came about? Was it started for Labor Day Weekend?

Whatever the case, good luck to you if you choose to market. I already did too much marketing last month, so I'm not running any promos. I am releasing a boxed set, though next week (I actually usually avoid releasing during holidays; perhaps I should have released on the 6th? oops).

https://nationaltoday.com/national-read-book-day/ some interesting stats here.  :)

It seems to be world wide.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 05:09:22 AM by Jan Hurst-Nicholson »

The following users thanked this post: alhawke

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 05:40:50 AM »

Free ebooks, whoohoo!

:icon_mrgreen: Have made them all free for the 6th (except The Race, which I did last month with abysmal results. Children's books are a difficult sell  :icon_cry: ) Be interesting to see which, if any, get the most downloads. Without a BookBub ad the results are usually pretty feeble unless you do ....load of marketing.

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 11:02:13 PM »
So, my books are now all free until 7th. I've only advertised on Twitter, Facebook and the KBoards so it is interesting to see which books get the most downloads as they are mostly different genres. All the results are pretty feeble compared to the paid ads. The most downloads at the moment are for But Can You Drink The Water? But they've all had at least one, except for the one on public speaking  :icon_rolleyes:. It's hard work juggling all the tweets, but I might as well carry on.  :)

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet, djmills