Author Topic: Guides and Article convention.  (Read 2268 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Guides and Article convention.
« on: September 20, 2018, 10:55:15 PM »
Will those posting Guides and Articles on how to do things, please use the following convention in your subject headings, even if its just a link to a blog post.

[Guide]

[Article]

This will distinguish posts intended to teach or inform, from questions and general discussion.

This applies across the whole forum.

If what you are writing or linking is not a guide or article, but still is along the same lines, use a descriptive word in the [] so the heading reader knows what it is.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

guest14

Re: Guides and Article convention.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 11:04:04 PM »
I like the [ARTICLE] idea because sometimes people write something very informative that isn't a [GUIDE]. It might also be worth using the 'lock thread' if you just want to leave it there without discussion. Maybe have a discussion thread alongside it that the OP can move additional information across to the [ARTICLE] if/when it's prudent and valid. I presume the lock thread icon is staying and not an oversight?

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: Guides and Article convention.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 11:09:47 PM »
I like the [ARTICLE] idea because sometimes people write something very informative that isn't a [GUIDE]. It might also be worth using the 'lock thread' if you just want to leave it there without discussion. Maybe have a discussion thread alongside it that the OP can move additional information across to the [ARTICLE] if/when it's prudent and valid. I presume the lock thread icon is staying and not an oversight?

No, not an oversight.

The poster can lock the thread, but I reserve the right to merge something else into it any time where appropriate, or open it again if we get multiple threads all on the same thing.

But I can see there will be times where an information announcement like post should be locked immediately.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.