Author Topic: Removing a topic  (Read 3538 times)

JRTomlin

Removing a topic
« on: October 02, 2018, 05:25:24 AM »
I love that we can do that! Just now noticed. Great job on giving us what we want. Not just that, obviously, but that is a really good idea.

Maggie Ann

Re: Removing a topic
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 07:38:16 AM »
I love that we can do that! Just now noticed. Great job on giving us what we want. Not just that, obviously, but that is a really good idea.

Yes, it's great. I was pumped that I could go in and delete a topic that was no longer relevant ... until I deleted the wrong one.  :help

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 07:40:11 AM »

Yes, it's great. I was pumped that I could go in and delete a topic that was no longer relevant ... until I deleted the wrong one.  :help

Send a message to Timothy.  Maybe it can be recovered.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

Maggie Ann

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 08:05:44 AM »

I did message Timothy but I just let him know I would be recreating the post. I was going to update it tomorrow anyway (7 day rule) and I can just as easily do it again with new info. I didn't want him to think I was subverting the rule. It was really a marketing opportunity, not a promo post but I figured I should stick to the rule.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 12:06:43 PM »

If you delete it, it's gone. Nothing at all I can do about it.

There have been several deletions already. Now I'm reconsidering the option being available. It might be better if people request a mod move a thread somewhere it cant be seen, rather than deleting it.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

ImaWriter

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 12:11:19 PM »

If you delete it, it's gone. Nothing at all I can do about it.

There have been several deletions already. Now I'm reconsidering the option being available. It might be better if people request a mod move a thread somewhere it cant be seen, rather than deleting it.

Could you add some sort of "do you really want to do this?" step between that red X and total deletion? Frankly, that X scares me every time I see it. It's just waiting for me to do something stupid.

I'm assuming that there isn't such a step after reading this. I'm staying away from it, so I might be wrong.

HSh

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 12:12:53 PM »
There is a step like that.  I deleted a thread and I had to click through it.

The following users thanked this post: ImaWriter

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 12:31:23 PM »
It does ask you if you really want to do it, but it doesn't identify what it is you're about to do. Not the best design imo, but there is the 2nd step.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: ImaWriter

Maggie Ann

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 01:34:18 PM »
It does ask you if you really want to do it, but it doesn't identify what it is you're about to do. Not the best design imo, but there is the 2nd step.

Yes, there is and I took that second step. I thought I was deleting the right thread but alas ...  :HB

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 10:52:32 PM »
Just updating this:

It is no longer possible to delete your own thread. The feature was abused, and valuable threads lost.

If you want your thread removed, you must contact me to discuss the issue.

The following users thanked this post: maddie sutton