Author Topic: Are there any AMS benchmarks?  (Read 344 times)

The Bass Bagwhan

Are there any AMS benchmarks?
« on: July 16, 2023, 01:13:43 PM »
Is there a considered (for example) "clicks per 1000 impressions" or any other sort of benchmark that might indicate you're at least on the right track? Or that your bid/targeting is working? (Apart from the obvious flood of sales ...) Or can anyone recommend a site that's got good info and tutorials? I'm only asking that because there's a zillion out there, and many waffle on forever before getting to the real point.

Thanks.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
Re: Are there any AMS benchmarks?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 11:30:27 PM »
I've often wondered what average performance looks like. My guess is that, like most things Amazon, it's a carefully guarded secret. I'm looking forward to being proved wrong.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

alhawke

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 03:59:14 AM »
I find AMS advertising very confusing to work. I often forget how to toggle back and forth between sales and keywords and have to discover it again, wasting a few minutes of my time each attempt. I think they should revamp it--but I'm sure those who use it all the time would grumble over that.

Anyway, with the caveat that I've failed miserably with AMS and have completely given up with it, as far as CPC, I tend to ignore it. But you can find it along the same graph as sales & cost. When I used to use AMS, I tracked my books by bid and sales. Sales is delayed, can be in error, but it's nice that it's displayed.

I think from past posts, people always rave over Mark Dawson's AMS class. I've never personally checked it out.

LilyBLily

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 04:03:19 AM »
I would look at clicks versus sales. Lots of clicks and few sales means the ad is delivering but the sales page is not making the sales.

The following users thanked this post: Hopscotch, LBL