Author Topic: Make Your Fellow Board Members Smile Thread  (Read 34066 times)

Vijaya

Re: Make Your Fellow Board Members Smile Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2019, 01:03:33 AM »
Aw, sweet. Glad to see I'm not dead yet :)

Author of over 100 books and magazine pieces, primarily for children
Vijaya Bodach | Personal Blog | Bodach Books

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist

Mammasan

« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2019, 07:35:34 AM »
 :hehe

The following users thanked this post: Rosie Scott

Anarchist

« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2019, 04:55:49 AM »

"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Nothing that requires the labor of others is a basic human right.

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC

Mammasan

« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2019, 02:25:49 PM »
Eagle who decided to rear its baby hawk dinner instead of eat it.

Captain Cranky

« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2019, 05:43:10 PM »
If you dare nothing, then when the day is over nothing is all you will have gained. -Neil Gaiman

notthatamanda

« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2019, 11:24:40 PM »
Starting curtains today.  Scissors better be sharp.

Mammasan

« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2019, 02:11:01 PM »
The Presidential Seal displayed behind the President yesterday at a conservative summit had the two-headed bird of the Russian State Seal instead of the American eagle, and, was clutching golf clubs instead of arrows.

Anarchist

« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2019, 02:29:56 PM »
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

The following users thanked this post: MelanieMRodriguez

Anarchist

« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2019, 03:16:14 AM »

There are better ways to abbreviate "assorted" (asstd.).

The following users thanked this post: Rosie Scott

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2019, 09:39:54 AM »

As well as space on the sign for those better ways.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

Captain Cranky

« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2019, 02:52:22 PM »

It certainly creates a strong visual for the term sh*@#ing bricks doesn't it?  :icon_rofl:
If you dare nothing, then when the day is over nothing is all you will have gained. -Neil Gaiman

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist, Rosie Scott

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2019, 05:31:00 PM »
It certainly creates a strong visual for the term sh*@#ing bricks doesn't it?  :icon_rofl:

:littleclap   :icon_rofl:
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

Anarchist

« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2019, 02:09:32 AM »

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2019, 02:39:16 PM »
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

Anarchist

« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2019, 04:03:57 AM »
Product (on Amazon):

Review (click the image to enlarge it):

The following users thanked this post: Captain Cranky

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
  • Following my characters. Wherever they take me.
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2019, 10:07:12 PM »
When plants become your pets!

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2019, 01:15:53 AM »

You know, I think I want to make something like that for books.  It will go on the cover and display a sad face when you're not reading it.  Also, it will be one more thing you'll need to change batteries in, as if you don't have enough of those already.  Or, it will be rechargeable, which means another thing to recharge, as if you don't have enough of those already.  Plus, in that latter case, it will probably be a lithium-ion battery which is one more thing that can explode and catch fire and, being that it's on a book cover which is a paper product, that fire is going to have some good fuel to get going.  But, no need to worry because embedded inside the back cover of the book will be a stone slab with a sad face emoticon engraved on it.  So, when the fire inspector goes through the scorched ashes of your home, he (or she) will crouch down over this stone slab, dust off the ashes from the book, spot the sad face emoticon and nod knowingly.  So, even at the end, the book will display the appropriate emoji and that's, like totally, the most important thing EVAH in this day and age.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

Anarchist

« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2019, 02:24:33 AM »

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2019, 12:38:36 AM »

You know, I think I want to make something like that for books.  It will go on the cover and display a sad face when you're not reading it.  Also, it will be one more thing you'll need to change batteries in, as if you don't have enough of those already.  Or, it will be rechargeable, which means another thing to recharge, as if you don't have enough of those already.  Plus, in that latter case, it will probably be a lithium-ion battery which is one more thing that can explode and catch fire and, being that it's on a book cover which is a paper product, that fire is going to have some good fuel to get going.  But, no need to worry because embedded inside the back cover of the book will be a stone slab with a sad face emoticon engraved on it.  So, when the fire inspector goes through the scorched ashes of your home, he (or she) will crouch down over this stone slab, dust off the ashes from the book, spot the sad face emoticon and nod knowingly.  So, even at the end, the book will display the appropriate emoji and that's, like totally, the most important thing EVAH in this day and age.
We can have 'Smartcover' option for books in addition to Hardcover, Paperback, and Kindle editions. Possibly, the cover image for the book can exhibit simple gif animations. :cheers

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2019, 05:39:30 AM »

Instead of stone, make it out of bronze.  That'll give the archaeologists of the future something to think about.   :icon_mrgreen:

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2019, 12:16:29 AM »

Anarchist

« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2019, 01:40:03 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Escapee, AmHere

Anarchist

« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2019, 01:28:24 AM »

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2019, 06:40:44 AM »

Bud Light presents... Real Men of Genius.   :icon_mrgreen:

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2019, 01:09:10 PM »

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2019, 08:08:06 PM »
World Laziness Day!

I'm not sure why, but this brought to mind the words of wisdom from Lawrence in Office Space:

Well, you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Take a look at my cousin: he's broke, don't do sh*t.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

Anarchist

« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2019, 05:44:15 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/ContagiousLaughter/comments/cswowm/who_needs_a_gym_membership_when_you_can/

I don't know what the hell he's saying, but I still want to have a beer with him.

Anarchist

« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2019, 02:26:24 AM »
Joke:

Did you know that a group of crows is called a murder?

Well, technically it's only a murder if there's probable caws.

The following users thanked this post: Post-Crisis D, Escapee

Anarchist

« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2019, 01:51:03 AM »
Joke:

I asked my wife if I was the only one she's been with.

She said, "Yes, the others were at least sevens or eights".

The following users thanked this post: Captain Cranky, twicebitten, RPatton

Tom Wood

« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2019, 02:39:04 AM »
Star Wars Cats!

Anarchist

« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2019, 09:06:32 AM »
Joke:

My wife has this weird OCD where she arranges the dinner plates by the year they were bought.

It’s an extremely rare dish order.

The following users thanked this post: Escapee

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2019, 04:12:33 PM »
Germany apologizes to Poland:

:clap: :tup3b :Tup2:

Anarchist

« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2019, 09:36:30 AM »

The following users thanked this post: VisitasKeat, RPatton

notthatamanda

« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2019, 09:45:37 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist, VisitasKeat

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2019, 03:14:56 PM »
 :icon_rofl: Funny final scene from Demolition Man!  :icon_rofl:

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2019, 03:31:08 PM »

Anarchist

« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2019, 03:04:14 AM »
C'mon, dude. Less anger, more situational awareness.

Captain Cranky

« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2019, 07:04:21 PM »

Anarchist

« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2019, 02:18:48 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Escapee

Anarchist

« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2019, 03:59:11 AM »

* If you're unfamiliar with the current Area 51 raid, you can get the gist here: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/20/us/area-51-raid.html

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2019, 11:43:45 AM »
* If you're unfamiliar with the current Area 51 raid, you can get the gist here: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/20/us/area-51-raid.html

The following users thanked this post: Lynn, Anarchist

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
« Reply #191 on: October 03, 2019, 04:31:33 AM »
This is actually author related, but it did make me smile. I love it when some random person walks into Amazon little bookstore and orders one of my paperbacks. Especially one that hasn't seen any love in months. Seeing a book jump over 4.5 million spots in the ranking is enough to make anyone smile.   Grin

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2019, 06:02:15 AM »
This is actually author related, but it did make me smile. I love it when some random person walks into Amazon little bookstore and orders one of my paperbacks. Especially one that hasn't seen any love in months. Seeing a book jump over 4.5 million spots in the ranking is enough to make anyone smile.   Grin

[/quote

:clap: I know the feeling only too well - unfortunately it doesn't happen very often   :icon_rolleyes:

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Anarchist

« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2019, 03:53:26 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Captain Cranky

Anarchist

« Reply #194 on: November 11, 2019, 09:17:06 AM »

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2019, 01:01:10 AM »
Wonderful students and a sportive teacher!

Funny flash mob!

:icon_rofl: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu6ho9ODJ8w  :icon_rofl:

Anarchist

« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2020, 09:53:44 AM »
I'm not gay. But I may have a crush on Gervais.

Shoe

« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2020, 10:06:07 AM »
Worthy of discussion but probably not in a lighthearted thread such as this.
Martin Luther King: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2020, 06:33:27 PM »
What would you say to "The Shining Twins" when you sight them in a deserted corridor?

Metaphorical hint:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p8LUoTKKRuc

Anarchist

« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2020, 01:08:03 AM »