Writer's Haven > Quill and Feather Pub [Public]

AUSTRALIAN writer's support thread

(1/26) > >>

anpacker:
Someone had to start this thread.  grint

I'm interested to hear about experiences with IngramSpark's Victorian-based print operations. You don't have to look hard to find some desperately unhappy customers out there. Am I right in assuming that isn't the norm?

Allan

W.R. Gingell:
Ugh, I still have to work out Ingram...

not enough time

not enough spoons

not enough...energy  :icon_cry:

Simon Haynes:
I've never used Spark but I was a Lightning Source customer for several years. I only cancelled my account there in Jan or Feb, I think.

Downsides:

High cost of making changes to covers and interiors
Annual cost of having books in their system .. per book.

Upside:

They actually ship to aussie addresses.

I was happy with the quality and service, and I believe that by springing $150+ per annum for an indie author organisation I can get a code to cut fees, but honestly, I just don't need author copies badly enough to go through reworking 20-25 cover files, doing all the titles and descriptions again, plus allocating 25 of my precious 100 ISBNs because I already got them to move the last lot to KDP print in Feb.

Too much effort. Easier to stick with KDP and wait until they sort something out for aussies. My bet is they'll print here, but we'll see.

anpacker:
Thanks, Simon.  Great to hear that the quality and service was up to scratch.

So you're not providing the ISBN for your KDP print editions?  (I gather you can use the same ISBN for IS and KDP as long as it's your own.)

Simon Haynes:

--- Quote from: anpacker on September 20, 2018, 10:33:22 PM ---Thanks, Simon.  Great to hear that the quality and service was up to scratch.

So you're not providing the ISBN for your KDP print editions?  (I gather you can use the same ISBN for IS and KDP as long as it's your own.)

--- End quote ---

I used to use the same ISBN for both. On KDP, distribution was Amazon only, and on LSI distribution was everywhere except the USA. (Something like that, it's a long time ago now. There was a book out which explained how to set it up.)
Anyway, when I wanted to update the covers and interiors for my 12 novels, I had to choose between paying LSI $1200 or dumping them and transferring to Createspace for everything. To be fair, LSI offered to move me to Spark, but it meant filling out all my account details again, and I'd had enough by then. If they'd been able to move it all across I'd have stayed with them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version