Author Topic: Publish date order - Amazon ebook and IngramSpark print  (Read 1156 times)

Tom Wood

Publish date order - Amazon ebook and IngramSpark print
« on: December 06, 2018, 03:07:36 AM »
I can't find the link now, but I seem to remember someone here saying that you should publish the Amazon ebook first so that all the reviews accumulate to it. Then publish the print book and link that to the ebook.

Is that correct? If so, do you publish the print book the next day? Note that I'm using IngramSpark for print if that makes any difference.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
Re: Publish date order - Amazon ebook and IngramSpark print
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 03:34:46 AM »
I can't find the link now, but I seem to remember someone here saying that you should publish the Amazon ebook first so that all the reviews accumulate to it. Then publish the print book and link that to the ebook.

Is that correct? If so, do you publish the print book the next day? Note that I'm using IngramSpark for print if that makes any difference.
I could be wrong, but from what I've seen, it doesn't appear to matter. Once the two editions are linked, the reviews all end up applying to all versions. I've never used IS, but I don't think the difference in paperback producer would matter that much. With movies, I've noticed Amazon aggregates reviews across several different versions, sometimes with undesirable results (like reviews knocking some technical problem getting connected to versions of the movie that don't have the problem or vice versa). If it does that, I don't see any reason for it to aggregate book reviews separately. That said, I can recall instances in which out-of-print versions are sometimes treated differently, in that case probably because the distribution and pricing are different from other physical editions.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

The following users thanked this post: Tom Wood