Author Topic: New members say hello for the first time here thread.  (Read 1447 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
New members say hello for the first time here thread.
« on: November 14, 2021, 12:27:50 PM »
Welcome new member.

With the need to post once to get full functionality, here's where you can post an 'I'm here' style message.

Once approved by Admin, the message will appear on the thread, and your profile will have full functionality added.

So welcome.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

PDXWrites

Re: New members say hello for the first time here thread.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 11:47:54 AM »
Greetings from Portland. I'm a former TV Writer who loves short stories more than any other prose. I was born about 50 years too late as the market for them now is slim.

But that doesn't keep me from writing them. Since I am retired, pensioned and teaching as an adjunct, my writing no longer has to support me, so I may as well write what I love.

I'm glad I found this place. I was away from WC for years and just discovered the great exodus to this forum. I appreciate that Timothy has hassled setting this up.

Cheers, all. Thus concludes my qualifying post.

The following users thanked this post: Nick G

Trey Wilder

• Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 10:42:45 AM »
Good Evening (or appropriate time of day wherever you may be reading from)- gosh, I hope SOMEONE is reading...

Trey Wilder here.  The "author" in the email address is aspirational at the moment, which maybe kinda explains what I am doing here.  My current endeavor is a (projected) multi-volume fantasy/YA opus.  The first volume is final-drafted, proofed (by one person), the second is final-drafted and BEING proofed (by the same one long-suffering person), and the third is about half-written.

The Plan is to retire from my IRL job in about 2 years and devote whatever time is not spent entertaining the cats to getting these books finished and pushed out into the world.

Cheers and happy writing.

LilyBLily

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 01:31:36 PM »
Welcome! There's a goodly amount of experience here, and a range of marketing success (and endeavor), and of course a wide variety of genres.

You're closing in on a very exciting moment, when you launch your first book. Nothing beats holding that first one in your hands, so I hope you plan to do a print edition so you can have someone photograph you showing it off and grinning.

idontknowyet

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 03:48:06 PM »
Welcome!

PennyShine

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 10:02:15 AM »
Hello!

I'm looking into getting into the field, and doing some research for a class series I'm taking soon for the business side of things. This forum seems very helpful. Thank you for having me!

The main genre I'd like to break into is sci-fi and fantasy, though I'm definitely open to others/genre-crossing in the future.

Favorite authors include Mercedes Lackey, Diana Wynne Jones, Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, and many, many others.

I'm also interested in other kinds of arts, especially dancing, singing, and acting.

:catrun

:band:

The following users thanked this post: sliderule, idontknowyet, Wonder, alhawke

idontknowyet

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 09:20:14 AM »
Welcome!
We have a bunch of scifi and fantasy writers around here. Feel free to ask questions and sift through all the threads. They are chock full of helpful info.