Author Topic: Sweet Romance & Fantasy Sales Promo in BookFunnel - Now CLOSED  (Read 3221 times)

Lorri Moulton

Sweet Romance & Fantasy Sales Promo in BookFunnel - Now CLOSED
« on: December 10, 2019, 02:47:19 AM »
I'm hosting a Sales promo in BookFunnel for WIDE and KU books.  This is SWEET Romance & Fantasy, so romance with a bit of fantasy or fantasy with a bit of sweet romance.  NO erotica.  NO bare chests.  NO erotic romance.  Please keep it to a G or PG rating.  Thank you!

https://dashboard.bookfunnel.com/bundles/board/589ezaq8mi

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 01:40:45 AM by Lorri Moulton [Lavender Lass Books] »

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

LilyBLily

Re: Sweet Romance & Fantasy Sales Promo in BookFunnel - Any Price
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 12:58:05 PM »
I get confused about some of these. Is the book supposed to be discounted? New?

idontknowyet

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 02:40:39 PM »
Its a giveaway for email addresses. You give a book (which is usually short story/novella length for people that want to join oyur mailing list).

LilyBLily

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 03:22:19 PM »
I'm sorry. I didn't even read your headline closely.  :icon_redface:

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 02:00:12 AM »
Its a giveaway for email addresses. You give a book (which is usually short story/novella length for people that want to join oyur mailing list).
No, BookFunnel also does sales promos, and that's what this one is.

In answer to LilyBLily's question, each sales promo has somewhat different requirements. You can see the specifics for this one by following the link in the OP. It doesn't seem to have any pricing requirements, and in my (limited) experience, they usually don't. However, books which are on sale do better than books which are full price, again based on my limited experience. (Conversion rate for me has been 1% for full-priced books, 7-12% for discounted books.)

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton, idontknowyet

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 02:46:40 AM »
This is open to everyone and any price is fine.  Some people like to do 99c book promos (or free) and others do KU only. 
I prefer a regular sales promo...and BookFunnel is doing a really good job with these IMHO.  :dog1:

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 02:48:16 AM »

If you look at the list of promos, some are newsletter and others are sales.  I really like the sales if only to get eyes on my books.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 03:00:42 AM »
This is open to everyone and any price is fine.  Some people like to do 99c book promos (or free) and others do KU only. 
I prefer a regular sales promo...and BookFunnel is doing a really good job with these IMHO.  :dog1:
I've also found the BookFunnel sales promos to be effective. Sure, they don't move books the way somee of the bigger newsletter campaigns do, but they also don't cost anything (beyond the regular BF plan costs). Particularly with people who already use BookFunnel for newsletter builders, BF sales promos are one of the few promotions you know will have a positive ROI.

Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton

LilyBLily

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 07:49:41 AM »
Thanks for the info. Of course what I find daunting is that I have to create a new landing page for every promo--or is it for every book? There are so many steps to everything. It drives me crazy.

idontknowyet

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 01:34:09 PM »
I've also found the BookFunnel sales promos to be effective. Sure, they don't move books the way somee of the bigger newsletter campaigns do, but they also don't cost anything (beyond the regular BF plan costs). Particularly with people who already use BookFunnel for newsletter builders, BF sales promos are one of the few promotions you know will have a positive ROI.
Cool. I didn't know you could dooo that. I thought they only did freebies. Thank you.

idontknowyet

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 01:38:38 PM »

In answer to LilyBLily's question, each sales promo has somewhat different requirements. You can see the specifics for this one by following the link in the OP. It doesn't seem to have any pricing requirements, and in my (limited) experience, they usually don't. However, books which are on sale do better than books which are full price, again based on my limited experience. (Conversion rate for me has been 1% for full-priced books, 7-12% for discounted books.)
Open mouth insert foot. Thank you I had never heard of this before.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2019, 02:56:14 AM »
Thanks for the info. Of course what I find daunting is that I have to create a new landing page for every promo--or is it for every book? There are so many steps to everything. It drives me crazy.
Whoever sponsors the promotion creates the landing page for the promo. That does involve making a decent banner, but sometimes sponsors give people premium spots in exchange for submitting banners.

When you set up a book to be used as a reader magnet, the system creates a landing page for you, though you have some control over how it looks. (You also provide the cover image and text.) It doesn't take long to set one up.

I don't remember all the steps involved off the top of my head. A sales landing page is different from a giveaway (reader magnet) page. However, the setup for either or both doesn't take long--a few minutes at the most, not counting upload times for the files.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2019, 02:57:48 AM »

Open mouth insert foot. Thank you I had never heard of this before.
I only learned about it recently myself. I was aware of the sales promos but have only been participating for a short time. I think most people come to BookFunnel and similar sites for the mailing list builders and only find out about other options later.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2019, 03:38:51 AM »
Sales promos are relatively new.  I think they're a wonderful way to get books in front of readers and hopefully they BUY them...rather than only expect free stories. 

That being said, in the promos I host FREE is fine as is 99c or full price.  Up to the author to decide as it should be.  :dog1:

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet

Maggie Ann

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2019, 10:35:37 AM »
Sales promos are relatively new.  I think they're a wonderful way to get books in front of readers and hopefully they BUY them...rather than only expect free stories. 

That being said, in the promos I host FREE is fine as is 99c or full price.  Up to the author to decide as it should be.  :dog1:

I have the perfect book for this promo but I don't belong to BF. Do they have thirty days free or a newbie coupon? I'd like to try it before I commit myself.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2019, 02:12:11 AM »
Maggie Ann, not that I know of...but you might want to contact them.  Customer service has been very nice, when I've had questions.

Last day to sign up for anyone interested.  Thank you!

Maggie Ann

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2019, 04:24:32 AM »
Maggie Ann, not that I know of...but you might want to contact them.  Customer service has been very nice, when I've had questions.

Last day to sign up for anyone interested.  Thank you!

Okay, I see that I can do the annual plan for first time author for free and then if I decide to, I can go for the midlist plan. I'll do that and submit today.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2019, 04:55:06 AM »
Okay, signed up, created a landing page and joined your promo. Hope I did everything right.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2019, 06:01:31 AM »
Maggie Ann, looks great!  :dog1:

Maggie Ann