Author Topic: Joining Payoneer? Link from here.  (Read 2950 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Joining Payoneer? Link from here.
« on: October 24, 2018, 04:32:32 PM »
For anyone thinking of joining Payoneer and wanting to passively contribute to the forum, you are welcome to use my Payoneer Affiliate link:

http://tracking.payoneer.com/SH1Z8

Payoneer is a service for providing US Bank accounts to people who do NOT live in the US. They are linked with a major US bank, which provides an account linked to a Payoneer Mastercard.

Amazon and all other platforms will pay directly into your Payoneer account every month, in $US, with no minimums. There are transaction fees involved. Depending on your level of payments, these may be small or big to you, so do your homework.

You can access your finds directly as a debit or credit card, through any vendor or teller machine who takes mastercard.

Or you can download into your home bank account, with a $50 minimum. Payoneer do the conversion before sending to your currency, and there is a fee in there, but you dont see it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 03:38:03 PM by TimothyEllis »
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

baldricko

Re: Joining Payoneer? Link from here.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 07:25:01 PM »
Tim, here's a question or two for you as a fellow Australian (well, I have been here a long time). I've been using Payoneer for years. This week I get an email telling me they need confirmation of my account with Amazon, and they request I upload a screenshot of the account. No problem there.

The problem starts when I try to upload. I get a constant error message. Later when I log on to try again there's a message along the top bar stating there have is a problem with uploading verification and anyone experiencing said problem should empty the browser cache, and if that doesn't work use the incognito mode on the browser. Did all that.

I used three different browsers. Chrome, Brave, and Safari. No luck. Same error message. I keep trying over two days and get another email today warning me my account will be closed if I don't upload the verification by November 5th.

So, my question is simply, what gives? Did you get the same request? Are you experiencing these difficulties uploading docs to them?

And a question for Payoneer, if your reps see this. Why does Payoneer send out a request with not much more than seven days to fulfill it and not ensure their customers can actually upload any docs on the site?

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 07:47:41 PM »
First question is, are you clicking a link on the email to go to the site, or are you going there by typing in the address?

My first thought is PHISH.

I've had no such email, but that doesn't mean anything.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

baldricko

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2022, 07:53:02 PM »
It really is Payoneer. I saw the notification when opening the site, the real one. Going through the login process and not via the email.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2022, 08:00:28 PM »
Okay.

Tim, here's a question or two for you as a fellow Australian (well, I have been here a long time). I've been using Payoneer for years. This week I get an email telling me they need confirmation of my account with Amazon, and they request I upload a screenshot of the account. No problem there.

I used three different browsers. Chrome, Brave, and Safari. No luck. Same error message. I keep trying over two days and get another email today warning me my account will be closed if I don't upload the verification by November 5th.

That makes no sense.

Why do they care?

Payoneer is not owned by Amazon. Amazon merely pays into them. They're a bank site basically, why do they care where the money is coming from?

Have you tried emailing them to ask what is going on?

Can you post the emails please?

baldricko

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2022, 08:22:26 PM »
Here's what I see on the Payoneer site in my account settings window. Not great images, but you can zoom in and read the prnt.

Clicking on the above takes me to the submit button and what they actually want me to upload.

They want me to prove I actually have an account with KDP. I only get payments made into this account from a single source, and only once a month like the rest of us getting paid by Amazon. I thought perhaps everyone is getting the same request. Or did I just get lucky...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 08:25:24 PM by baldricko »

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2022, 08:27:48 PM »
What's the connection with Amazon?

That seems to be wanting a screen image of your Payoneer profile.

baldricko

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2022, 08:47:10 PM »
No. That would be silly.

From the first screenshot. "To meet regularity requirements, we are required to re-identify some of your business and identity details once a year."

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2022, 09:44:13 PM »
No. That would be silly.

From the first screenshot. "To meet regularity requirements, we are required to re-identify some of your business and identity details once a year."

That's not who is paying you money.

That's identifying who you are. Like a driver's license. Last time I did this, they wanted a utility bill with my name on it. I looked it up, it was almost 2 years ago now.

baldricko

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2022, 08:28:33 AM »
No. That would be silly.

That's not who is paying you money.

That's identifying who you are. Like a driver's license. Last time I did this, they wanted a utility bill with my name on it. I looked it up, it was almost 2 years ago now.

Okay, you are losing me there. Regardless of what service is being rendered by Payoneer--a destination for Amazon to send my royalties I can then access--they are asking for something they do not allow me to give them, then issue a deadline to fulfill their request. That is the issue as I see it. Yes, I also have sent them my driver's license image, front and back, and a utility bill with my address attached a long while back. They are not asking for that now.

Now they want a screenshot of my account with Amazon.

I'll call them after the weekend and get to the bottom of it. Hopefully.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2022, 11:51:22 AM »
Now they want a screenshot of my account with Amazon.

That's not what I see from those 2 images.

The only reason for asking for that is if you clicked the 'link up all your Amazon accounts' message on the home page. Then they'd need your Amazon account. But I can't see any benefit to being paid in all the currencies, so I've ignored it.

The following users thanked this post: baldricko