Author Topic: What TV series are you watching right now?  (Read 9838 times)

The Doctor

Re: What TV series are you watching right now?
« Reply #300 on: August 12, 2019, 10:36:09 PM »
I'm currently making my way through Wire In The Blood, dark crime drama based on the books by Val McDermid.

And now series 5 is almost upon us, I thought it was time to give Peaky Blinders a go. Planning to watch the very first episode tonight.
Sounds intriguing from googling. Where are you watching this? on Hulu?

I'm in the UK - don't think we get Hulu here.

I'm watching Wire In The Blood via Amazon Prime, and Peaky Blinders via Netflix (though the episodes are probably available on the BBC iPlayer, too).

cecilia_writer

« Reply #301 on: August 13, 2019, 02:30:50 AM »
I've watched Good Omens on Amazon Prime - it's great (in my humble opinion). Just trying to decide if it's time to start at the beginning again.
Cecilia Peartree - Woman of Mystery

Lynn

« Reply #302 on: August 13, 2019, 03:37:02 AM »
I've watched Good Omens on Amazon Prime - it's great (in my humble opinion). Just trying to decide if it's time to start at the beginning again.

I started at the beginning again just last night. :)

The next episode is going to be my reward for finishing my writing today.

Vinjii

« Reply #303 on: August 13, 2019, 07:16:15 PM »
I'm watching the second season of Big Little Lies, and Meryl Streep's character is creeping me out.

DrewMcGunn

« Reply #304 on: August 13, 2019, 11:47:10 PM »
I just finished watching Chernobyl. It was well produced. There were things I thought were a bit over the top, but on the whole I quite enjoyed it.

Also been watching anything to do with volcanic eruptions... research, you know.

Drew McGunn

Simon Haynes

« Reply #305 on: August 14, 2019, 02:20:15 AM »
Never tear us apart: the untold story of INXS. (One of my fave bands.)

Also yWriter, free novel-writing software for Windows PCs. (Mac version in progress).
SalesScanner, free KDP/Google Play/Kobo/Smashwords report analyser & aggregator.

Lynn

« Reply #306 on: August 14, 2019, 02:36:12 AM »

Also been watching anything to do with volcanic eruptions... research, you know.

This is how I most enjoy a good research binge. Love the volcano shows. I keep thinking I'm going to get to that book idea someday, but every time I start it, I think, nope, need to watch one more documentary, and I go write something else.

Just watched Grantchester's new season. I enjoyed it. The new guy is interesting. Sometimes the mysteries get overshadowed by personal dramas but they're interesting enough that I don't mind. The characters are where this show shines.

PJ Post

« Reply #307 on: August 17, 2019, 03:34:59 AM »

Same story, same characters...very different takes. Both are really well written.

:tup3b :tup3b :tup3b

It may be an acquired taste, but  :tup3b

And I must say, I'm really looking forward to this one...

cecilia_writer

« Reply #308 on: August 17, 2019, 05:11:50 AM »

I started at the beginning again just last night. :)

The next episode is going to be my reward for finishing my writing today.

Started again tonight as nothing on tv.
Cecilia Peartree - Woman of Mystery