Author Topic: Great Grotesk (Sans) available at DC for introductory price $29 (2 days left)  (Read 683 times)

RPatton

https://www.designcuts.com/product/montreux-grotesk/

I wasn't going to post this, but I got a few questions about it and figured it was well worth the share. If you are looking for a good sans for branding, this could be it. With the different typefaces and weights, this could become your workhorse sans. (The one you use when you have no idea what else to use.) Plus, the designer added webfonts to the deal! Even at it's regular price of $199, this is a good deal.

I rely on Akzidenz as my goto sans, but I can't use in an ebook because I don't want to pay the license. This one might take Akzidenz's place. Not sure yet, will have to play some more.

If you have it in the budget, I don't think this is a bad deal and something to consider.

(Again, as a reminder, I do not receive any compensation from DC or use affiliate links.)

Lynn

That jazz is super readable and friendly looking. Reminds me of comic sans. Which I love, despite the looks I get when I say that. :)
Don't rush me.

RPatton

That jazz is super readable and friendly looking. Reminds me of comic sans. Which I love, despite the looks I get when I say that. :)

Yep, I like the jazz version. As I said, this has a potential to become a workhorse and a go-to family. Using Jazz as a Chapter Number heading and hen the grotesk as the chapter title will work great for some books. Then use Jazz as he drop cap and use the grotesk as a first line style though the entire line? You now have the start of a great page design.

I kinda wonder how it would play with Hermann.