Writer's Haven > Formatter's Forge [Public]

What font do you like to use for interior?

(1/5) > >>

guest78:
What font do you like to use for the body of your books? I usually use Garamond as it's easy on the eyes, but every now and again, I'll think I hate it. Maybe it's the spacing or the size...I don't know. What do you all like?  I'm open to trying something different.

Jane Killick:
Minion Pro

I did an online design course where they were using this font so I kinda used it by default. Then I experimented with others, but kept coming back to this one. I like it.

feste:
For print, I use Palatino Linotype, which I think looks clean and readable.  For ebooks, I don't designate a font, since readers have their own needs.

RPatton:
It all depends on the book. I am in an Alumina phase at the moment and it's magnificent. Probably the best digitization of Electra. Really a stand up typeface. Plus it works for so many books. Garamond is another one of those good typefaces that can be used for most books. Same with Minion (it's the Caslon of fiction).

--- Quote from: gonegonegone on March 06, 2020, 01:30:37 AM ---What font do you like to use for the body of your books? I usually use Garamond as it's easy on the eyes, but every now and again, I'll think I hate it. Maybe it's the spacing or the size...I don't know. What do you all like?  I'm open to trying something different.

--- End quote ---

Which Garamond are you using? If it's the one that comes with Word, then yeah, it has some baggage. But using Garamond from Word and not Georgia is a huge step up, so when all else fails.

You might want to give Alegreya a shot. It's a pro typeface available for free. It's really good too.

j tanner:
Adobe Garamond.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version