Writer's Haven > Writer 101 [Public]

Apple Books for Authors, Now Supports Multiple Platforms

(1/4) > >>

Demon_Lord:
Apple Books For Authors, now is supporting Windows Operating System, and multiple platforms.

https://authors.apple.com/publish-your-book/#publishing_resources

It looks as if the whole Apple publishing website had been revamped. I'm still checking it out. It says Mac/PC, but it looks as it were a web browser application, so basically it can be used from any operating system with a supported browser. This is great news for me, because I mostly run Linux in my computers.

This is the main website https://authors.apple.com/

notthatamanda:
So we could go direct with Apple, even if we don't have a Mac? I would do that, going forward. I can't see going back and changing my other books. D2D has been great for Apple.

JRTomlin:
This is good news especially that they're revamping their website.

Demon_Lord:

--- Quote from: notthatamanda on May 15, 2020, 10:33:36 AM ---So we could go direct with Apple, even if we don't have a Mac? I would do that, going forward. I can't see going back and changing my other books. D2D has been great for Apple.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I've been waiting for this for a while. Now, there is the issue of the pen names. We need to figure that out.

So far, I like this:

Why publish on Apple Books?
The benefits are simple and straightforward.

Apple Books
70% royalties on every book, regardless of price
No file delivery fees
No limitations on offering free books to customers
No payments for preferential store placement
No price matching
No third-party ads

And they compared themselves to Kindle Direct Publishing which doesn't match any of the above.

Now, Amazon's market share is another factor to consider.

But we don't have to choose, unless we have books in KU.

Bill Hiatt:
This is excellent news in that it may indicate that Apple is getting more serious about ebook sales.

Does anyone know if the Apple Books customer interface now supports other platforms? I remember being really disgusted when Apple made it impossible to buy books from the PC anymore (though you could still buy music).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version