Author Topic: More Negative Change  (Read 29 times)

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
More Negative Change
« on: October 23, 2024, 09:47:22 PM »
I have been able to request additional categories for my books.  The ability has been rescinded.  Emphasis added...

- - - -

Hello,

This is ***** from Amazon KDP, and I hope this message finds you well. Thank you so much for taking the time to send your query to add categories on your eBook and Paperback (ASIN: B0DHT25JWL and B0DHX7JTM5).

We're excited to let you know that you now have more control over your book's visibility! You can select up to three Amazon Store categories for each of your titles during the setup process, based on your primary marketplace. This empowers you to better target your ideal readers.

Given this new flexibility, we've streamlined our process and are no longer handling individual requests for category additions or updates. However, we're still here to support you! If you encounter any issues with your categories, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're always happy to help troubleshoot and ensure your books are properly categorized.

Want to make changes to your book categories? It's easy! Simply follow the step-by-step instructions on our Help page: https://kdp.amazon.com/help/topic/G200652170#add

We're committed to making your publishing journey as smooth as possible. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. Your success is our priority!

Thanks for using Amazon KDP,

Your feedback helps us improve our service.

- - - - -

R.C.

The following users thanked this post: djmills

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2619
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: More Negative Change
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2024, 10:48:27 PM »
The old keywords still basically work.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: R. C.

alhawke

Re: More Negative Change
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:11:23 AM »
They're not taking new categories. The main reason for the 3rd category option was to take this away so their customer service would stop being bothered. I think they were getting inundated with requests (from me too before the changes).

The following users thanked this post: R. C.