Author Topic: BookBub Featured New Releases  (Read 3562 times)

Lee Carlon

BookBub Featured New Releases
« on: October 07, 2018, 03:10:32 PM »
The thread on BookBub's most expensive deal made me wonder about this, but I didn't want to clog up the other thread so:

Is the new release feature one you'd try with a new release title at full price (i.e. $4.99), or would you discount on or around the day of the feature? I don't have any experience with BookBub as yet so any advice is welcome.

Of course, I've only applied and the odds are I won't get the deal if it's anything like the Feature Deals, but no harm in submitting.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 03:25:21 PM by Lee Carlon »

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2619
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: BookBub New Release Feature
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 03:18:17 PM »
What new release feature?
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Lee Carlon

Re: BookBub New Release Feature
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 03:24:46 PM »
What new release feature?

Oops, I changed the title to make it clearer :)

BookBub recently added Featured New Releases as an advertising option:

https://insights.bookbub.com/introducing-featured-new-releases/

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2619
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: BookBub Featured New Releases
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 03:29:08 PM »
Erk.

so the same people who select the featured deals, also select these. Which means if your name is inscribed on their wall of ignore, you have no hope of getting one of these either.  :HB

Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Rickie Blair

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 12:18:42 AM »
I think they're tough to get. That "new release" list only comes out once a week, and there's usually only one (sometimes two) in each genre.
Also, trad pub seems to be all over it. One of the recent emails contained JK Rowling's (Galbraith) latest. Because, you know, she needs all the help she can get.
When you apply, Bookbub doesn't even ask about your price. So I'd definitely not discount, since the ads are expensive.

guest14

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 01:22:16 AM »
I got one of these - it didn't cost me anything

Rickie Blair

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 01:51:22 AM »
Tobias, are you talking about BookBub New Release Alerts? The ones that only go to your own BookBub followers?
A Featured New Release in my category costs $630.

https://support.bookbub.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2950935-what-s-the-difference-between-a-featured-new-release-and-a-new-release-alert-

guest14

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 02:00:46 AM »
Tobias, are you talking about BookBub New Release Alerts? The ones that only go to your own BookBub followers?
A Featured New Release in my category costs $630.

https://support.bookbub.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2950935-what-s-the-difference-between-a-featured-new-release-and-a-new-release-alert-

Could be. :) :shrug

guest215

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 02:02:02 AM »
I think Tobias means the alert the people who are following you on Bookbub receive when you release a new book. Those are indeed free.

OP is talking about a new release feature in a Bookbub newsletter. Different thing. Expensive. Hard to get.

The following users thanked this post: Lee Carlon

angela

• Short Novel unlocked
  • Indie publishing since 2011. Still kickin'.
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 02:23:23 AM »
I'd like to try it, but they sat on my application for a month before declining. It was Amazon exclusive and $4.99.

The following users thanked this post: Lee Carlon

WasAnn

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 02:49:54 AM »
It came out as an option right after my last release, which would have been perfect. Not starting any new series any time soon, and I really think that's best for someone like me, (who is not Rowling, LOL).

Science Fiction is my game.

Alice Sabo

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 04:58:22 AM »
Maybe I misread it - but I thought I saw something that said you had to have 1000 followers ob BB before you could request a new release ad.
Fantasy, Post-Apocalyptic, Mystery and Space Opera Genre Hopper

Lee Carlon

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2018, 06:26:07 AM »
I'd like to try it, but they sat on my application for a month before declining. It was Amazon exclusive and $4.99.

My release is $4.99 and exclusive with Amazon, so I'm not expecting to get the feature, it would be nice though :)

angela

• Short Novel unlocked
  • Indie publishing since 2011. Still kickin'.
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 08:51:07 AM »
Maybe I misread it - but I thought I saw something that said you had to have 1000 followers ob BB before you could request a new release ad.

Yes, I think there's a minimum. I have over 45k followers. Heaven knows why. I got into some sort of recommendation algorithm.