Author Topic: "By this author carousel" now showing up on Amazon  (Read 403 times)

alhawke

"By this author carousel" now showing up on Amazon
« on: February 05, 2024, 04:52:55 AM »
Is this new? I'm seeing a "by this author" carousel showing up at the top of my product page with some of my books now. It's not all, just some titles.

I can't keep up with product page changes, they seem to be changing monthly with Zon. But this is one of the better changes I've ever seen and I hope they keep it. I'm seeing an upswing in some of my older title sales since I noticed the change.  grint

(here's one of my books that has it, (if it's still there when you look): https://www.amazon.com/Samhain-Witch-Hawthorne-University-ebook/dp/B0CQGZX529 )
Huh, never mind! It vanished when I rechecked it. Sorry, I can't show an example. This carousel literally seems to come and go at will. Weird. Hope it comes back and appears for every book.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 04:55:32 AM by alhawke »

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
Re: "By this author carousel" now showing up on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 12:07:11 AM »
I haven't seen that carousel yet. This morning, I noticed a "more like book x" carousel just below the cover and the product description. Customers could choose from "in this series," "by Bill Hiatt," and "customers also enjoyed." That's right--it's three carousels in one, though there's still a related products carousel further down the page.

No, wait, it can be more than three-in-one. I see one of my titles also has two genre carousels as choices as well as the other three.

I imagine it's an experiment, but it's an interesting way to combine multiple functions in the same screen real estate. It enables customers to call up selections in different ways without having to use search terms.

This appears to be a possible replacement for the current series slider.

An older change--if I search for myself in the Kindle store, the top of the page has my picture, five popular books, and my bio. That's been around for a few months.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | Facebook author page |

alhawke

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 01:05:47 AM »
It's an advantage to writers with a large selection of books. When it shows up, it scrolls at the very top of the page. Thing is, it's not consistent at all, so it's probably an experiment.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 02:06:58 AM »
Agreed. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

alhawke

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 02:59:45 AM »
I figured I'd show a screenshot of what I'm talking about to clarify. Note the carousel at the top that's appearing on some titles randomly:

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2024, 11:54:23 PM »
Yeah, that is different from what I've seen.

The following users thanked this post: alhawke

writeway

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2024, 03:08:14 PM »
I've seen it since last year. I don't know if it disappears or only appears on certain books because I had it when I looked at one of my series last month but I don't see it on every book. I have a very large catalog BTW if that's the criteria.

The following users thanked this post: alhawke