Author Topic: Catch-up sales?  (Read 770 times)

cecilia_writer

Catch-up sales?
« on: January 13, 2021, 06:53:50 AM »
I wonder if anyone else has noticed a sudden splurge of sales today - I haven't had very good sales this month on Amazon, though for various reasons I haven't bothered to do anything about it - but today my sales graph has gone nuts, relatively speaking. When this happens I usually imagine they've suddenly 'found a backlog of sales that somehow missed being recorded before, so I wondered if it was some general tidy-up.
Cecilia Peartree - Woman of Mystery

Writer

Re: Catch-up sales?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 10:48:29 AM »
My sales were higher than usual (about 100 extra units sold/borrowed higher) on the 10th, and they jumped again on the 11th. But they're back to normal today. I'm guessing I had an Amazon email the other day. Maybe that's what you had? A new release notification maybe? Or Amazon reporting is playing catch-up. It could be either. Or neither.

The following users thanked this post: cecilia_writer

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 12:24:49 PM »
I got a batch of extra sales today, but then I had a new release, so I attribute the sales to that.

Blog | Pegasus Pulp | Newsletter | Author Central | Twitter | Instagram
Genres: All of them, but mostly science fiction and mystery/crime

The following users thanked this post: cecilia_writer

cecilia_writer

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 08:43:44 PM »
Thanks both - I haven't a new release for a couple of months but one thing I've noticed recently is a lot of emails from Amazon recommending my own books to me, so there's maybe something in that!
Cecilia Peartree - Woman of Mystery