Author Topic: You can return stuff bought on Amazon at Kohls now  (Read 1533 times)

notthatamanda

You can return stuff bought on Amazon at Kohls now
« on: March 01, 2020, 10:37:26 AM »
Maybe it's been available for a while, I just went to Kohls tonight and saw the Amazon desk (and the very grumpy guy sitting there). You start your return at Amazon and bring the item to Kohls and they box and ship it for free.

https://www.kohls.com/feature/amazon.jsp

They are saying it's convenient, I guess that depends on what is closer to your house the UPS store or Kohls. And there are more UPS stores. It's a strange partnership to me and I wonder which side facilitated it and who is paying whom, or if Kohls is just doing it to get people in the store.

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
Re: You can return stuff bought on Amazon at Kohls now
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 06:32:01 PM »
Yeah, I used it a couple of months ago. I ordered one of those kneeling chairs and found it just wasn't going to work for me. I hesitated to go through the problem of boxing it up and sending it back, but then saw that I could drop it off at Kohl's and it would be done with. It couldn't have been easier. Didn't have to have the original box or anything. Just all the documents and parts that came with it. The money was refunded back to my card by the end of the day.

This is the kind of customer service that's going to cause headaches for their competitors.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

notthatamanda

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 11:00:17 PM »
So you think the angry dude sitting in Kohls is working for Amazon and Amazon Is paying Kohls for the space? I'm just curious.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 02:47:52 AM »
Yeah, what Amazon gets out of it is obvious. What Kohl's gets out of it is less so. A little foot traffic, maybe? People return something from Amazon and browse in Kohl's a little? That's the only possible benefit I can see.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

fleurina

• Short Story unlocked
  • Romantic Comedy/Suspense & Self-Help
    • Janet Butler Male
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 03:13:28 AM »
I ordered one of those kneeling chairs and found it just wasn't going to work for me.

I tried one of those a while back -- found it very uncomfortable.

notthatamanda

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 06:17:34 AM »
Yeah, what Amazon gets out of it is obvious. What Kohl's gets out of it is less so. A little foot traffic, maybe? People return something from Amazon and browse in Kohl's a little? That's the only possible benefit I can see.
That's precisely what they are getting. They put the Amazon desk all the way in the back, when it would make way more sense to just have customer service handle it. I don't see what Amazon is getting out of it though.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 07:06:07 AM »
That's precisely what they are getting. They put the Amazon desk all the way in the back, when it would make way more sense to just have customer service handle it. I don't see what Amazon is getting out of it though.
Their business was built partly on easy returns. My guess is they've run into a fair number of customers who aren't that good at packing things for mailing. Giving them a way to avoid that lets them feel more comfortable and maybe also gets the merchandise back in better shape. (I'm amazed at the number of people I know who have trouble getting packages prepped for mailing. I got good at it shipping books, but honestly, prior to that I wasn't very good at it myself.)

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 07:25:28 AM »
Their business was built partly on easy returns. My guess is they've run into a fair number of customers who aren't that good at packing things for mailing.

Neither is Amazon for that matter.  :icon_rofl:

I once had to send back an empty package to them for a refund.  It was a blister pack and the plastic had come loose from the cardboard backing and, as a result, the actual product had fallen out prior to it being shipped to me.  The product was not in the box and there was no way it could have slipped out of the box, so they had to have shipped an empty blister pack to me.

Which I then had to send back to them for a refund and Amazon also refunded my return shipping charges which meant it cost Amazon the return shipping charges as well as the cost of shipping the replacement product to me.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"