Author Topic: Authors with books on Google Play might want to check their book details  (Read 1475 times)

Reveries

I just discovered the title of one of my books on Google Play (which had been for sale there for a year) had been changed, and a subtitle had been added. I was told this was because Google Play had been adding metadata from a third party partner.  :dizzy

My best guess is that this partner didn't have a listing for my book, but did have a listing for a book with a similar title by a totally different author, and somehow, staggeringly, my book title and subtitle were changed to that of the other book. I've changed the details back, and I'm hoping it doesn't happen again.

I may be the only one this has happened to, but anyone on Google Play might want to check their book details.

The following users thanked this post: notthatamanda

123mlh

Pretty sure this was mentioned on the other place about a year ago. I had them do this to one of my books and it was not a good thing at all what they added. They said there was no way for me to permanently keep that subtitle off of my book so I had to unpublish it.

The following users thanked this post: Reveries

JackT

I had one book that was added to a series that it wasn't part of, with a biography of Patrick Moore attached below it, even though that wasn't the pen name I was using!

They sorted it out quickly when I contacted them, though. :)

The following users thanked this post: Reveries

LilyBLily

I'll check. I'm just looking for an excuse to unpublish everything I have on Google Play. It's dead for me.