Author Topic: Here's an interesting "published by" problem.  (Read 2473 times)

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
Here's an interesting "published by" problem.
« on: November 17, 2018, 07:24:15 AM »
I just added a couple of new titles to my D2D, Books2Read carousel and immediately they showed up as being sold through Thalia and bol.de. Now, I don't have a problem with other retailers adding my paperbacks to their catalog. The more the merrier. What I found interesting though was in the book details, it lists my books as being published by Penguin Random House. That was news to me and I'm sure it would be news to PRH also.

Anyone else using B2R seeing this?

https://www.bol.de/shop/ebooks/suchartikel/x/x/EAN9781726834865/
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

Eric Thomson

Re: Here's an interesting "published by" problem.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 07:29:59 AM »
I'll do you one weirder.

One of my paperbacks is apparently published by "Bookbaby" on Bol.de, even though the hardcover and ebook versions show my own imprint "Sanddiver Books"

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 04:17:10 AM »
I just added a couple of new titles to my D2D, Books2Read carousel and immediately they showed up as being sold through Thalia and bol.de. Now, I don't have a problem with other retailers adding my paperbacks to their catalog. The more the merrier. What I found interesting though was in the book details, it lists my books as being published by Penguin Random House. That was news to me and I'm sure it would be news to PRH also.

Anyone else using B2R seeing this?

https://www.bol.de/shop/ebooks/suchartikel/x/x/EAN9781726834865/
Maybe PHR gave you a contract without telling you. grint It's also interesting that a German publisher would identify the book with the South Africa branch of PRH. It's not just a mistake, but an oddly specific mistake.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | Facebook author page |

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 02:14:16 PM »
Maybe PHR gave you a contract without telling you. grint It's also interesting that a German publisher would identify the book with the South Africa branch of PRH. It's not just a mistake, but an oddly specific mistake.

I have an email in to D2D, asking about this. I'm still waiting for a reply.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 04:35:27 AM »

I'm eager to hear what they say.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | Facebook author page |

munboy

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 06:35:00 AM »

I'd love to hear how that happened.

Reminds me a of a story from when I did some freelance work for a tiny publisher last year. Their name is Future House Publishing and one day the owner noticed somebody's books being listed on Amazon as published by Future House Publishing...now, keep in mind, this publisher has a strict PG-13 rating on their books (maybe even PG) and these books were....definitely not PG. Or PG-13. Or R. He was not happy about it, but apparently the author listed her books as future publishing house or something like that, boldly declaring that they will be published by a publishing house in the future. Amazon assumed she meant Future Publishing House and listed it.  :littleclap