Author Topic: New Author Central look  (Read 4958 times)

ashleycapes

• Short Novel unlocked
  • My neighbors think my name is Emily Goldfinch
    • Website
Re: New Author Central look
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2020, 06:51:42 PM »
Well... my comments on the survey were not complimentary.

This change has utterly destroyed any 'at a glance' functionality for me.

Ashley Capes | website

The following users thanked this post: sliderule

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2020, 08:07:04 PM »
I rarely log into Author Central.  I usually log into KDP for everything.  I haven't logged into AC in a while, and I'm kind of reluctant to do so now.   :confused:

Nevertheless, here we go...

*logs in*

Okay, it took it a few seconds to import my old account, but it did it without any hangups.  I went to the sales page and all the books were there on a single page, like Simon said, so I like that.  No more clicking through to other pages just to see ranks.

The market filter only had five options available.  Seems weird.  You'd think they'd either have just the U.S. store or they'd have all of them.

The rank numbers are BIG.  Like they're designed for phones instead of computers.  Inevitable, I guess--everything else has been heading that way--but I still don't like it.

Conclusion: I think I can live with it.  I say that, though, as one who doesn't use AC much at all.  If I ever actually need it for something, I might have a very different opinion.
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

VanessaC

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2020, 09:06:32 PM »
Oh, yuck. Just got transitioned to the new format. I used to use Author Central US and UK quite a bit to give me an at-a-glance, simple overview of book ranks and reviews all on the same page. Not liking the new format at all. I want my summary page back!

Genre: Fantasy