Author Topic: Bookfunnel Facebook Pixel Update  (Read 1591 times)

RappaDizzy

Bookfunnel Facebook Pixel Update
« on: January 10, 2019, 04:23:20 AM »
I rec'd an email from Bookfunnel: Facebook Pixel Update

------
This one is for you Facebookers (TM). BookFunnel has always supported the Facebook pixel on download and giveaway pages. With this latest update, the pixel can now report which readers signed up for your giveaway and, more importantly, which readers did not.

Why is this awesome? Because with that little nugget of data and your Facebook Ads Manager, you can retarget the folks that wandered off and give them another chance to sign up!

We have also added pixel support to all group promos, sales delivery pages, and personal bundle pages.
------

I thought I'd start a thread to share experiences etc  - I'm not sure about this retargeting thing - might come off as intrusive - maybe some of you have an idea how to use this info.

I don't do Facebook ads so not sure how it was working before but I will try it on giveaway pages etc. as far as collecting the data.

Cathleen

Re: Bookfunnel Facebook Pixel Update
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 07:39:51 AM »
I blew this email off. I don't think I need to share any more than I already have with Facebook, and I completely don't get stalking people who have unsubscribed. That could leave a bad feeling behind.

RappaDizzy

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:00:16 AM »
I blew this email off. I don't think I need to share any more than I already have with Facebook, and I completely don't get stalking people who have unsubscribed. That could leave a bad feeling behind.

I agree this could be a ‘stalking’ thing.

But note they are not talking about unsubscribers. They are talking about someone who looks at your book offer and says no thanks, not for me.

And I’m wondering how the info can be used... like to determine effectiveness of covers, blurbs, etc?

Maybe an A/B test on two covers and which gets more takers.

Tom Wood

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 08:04:49 AM »
... I thought I'd start a thread to share experiences etc  - I'm not sure about this retargeting thing - might come off as intrusive - maybe some of you have an idea how to use this info. ...

Take a look at this video interview with M D Cooper:

Starting at 23:35 he starts talking about how he uses the Facebook pixel for re-targeting.

BTW, a Facebook 'pixel' is just a benign-sounding word for a block of tracking code that is usually inserted into the Head section of a website page. It's a tracker.

RappaDizzy

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 08:24:49 AM »
Thanks, Tom. I've used Google analytics on a website when I ran promotions before Instafreebie & Bookfunnel started their own platforms for them. It gave me a tremendous amount of valuable information to help me to understand who the readers were who bought mystery and thriller books. I'm thinking this can provide some valuable information in testing our products.

Edited to add: Interesting how he retargets people - it's not going after those people directly; Mark Dawson talks about creating Facebook ads with a look-alike audience - these are people who are interested in your book - you use those email addresses along with subscribers to your list & Facebook helps you to create a much larger pool to show your book adds to.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:42:16 AM by Eugene Lloyd MacRae »