Author Topic: YouTube complaint...  (Read 2079 times)

guest957

YouTube complaint...
« on: November 24, 2018, 05:30:20 PM »
Apologies for the soapbox ranting here...but it's bugging me...

I'm a pretty heavy YouTube consumer. I admit it, I watch a lot of YouTube. I don't really watch TV, so, what can I tell you? Anyway, I'm getting really tired of seeing all of these gimmicky new channels that are frequently popping up in my "recommendations" list...these shallow creations trying to catch the wave of the latest trend. It's so transparent, and to my mind a bit manipulative.

Examples of the kind of videos I'm talking about: Real Life Lawyer Reacts to Better Call Saul, or Real Doctor Watches House...

Argh! Who cares? This is such a clickbait-y stunt. What's next: 'Real Life Garbage Collector Reacts to Oscar on Sesame Street'? 'Real Shark Reacts to Business Proposals on Shark Tank'?

It's stupid.

I don't really care what a "real life" cop thinks about the way someone was Mirandized on an episode of 'CSI Miami'. I could care less what a "real sous chef" has to say about the food presentation at a banquet on 'Game of Thrones'. Great, so you went to community college for broadcasting, does the world really need your opinion on how Kent Brockman enunciates during his newscasts on 'The Simpsons'?

Enough of this crap already!  :evil2: (and yeah, yeah I know...first world problems...but I just had to get this off my chest)

The following users thanked this post: VisitasKeat

Jeff Tanyard

Re: YouTube complaint...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 06:56:42 PM »
I feel your pain.  YouTube's recommendation engine is... not ideal.   :Hqn66ku:

Having said that, I kind of like the "kids react" videos, especially when they're reacting to something like Motley Crue.   :icon_mrgreen:

(and yeah, yeah I know...first world problems...but I just had to get this off my chest)

We all need to rant from time to time.  It's cool.   :cheers
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

LV-246

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 12:12:49 AM »
Log out, clear your cookies, and see if the recommendations change. Don't watch or search for anything gimmicky.

guest957

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 09:45:43 AM »
I feel your pain.  YouTube's recommendation engine is... not ideal.   :Hqn66ku:

Having said that, I kind of like the "kids react" videos, especially when they're reacting to something like Motley Crue.   :icon_mrgreen:

I admit, I do like those videos.  :icon_cool:

Log out, clear your cookies, and see if the recommendations change. Don't watch or search for anything gimmicky.

Can I just tell you that I find your planet absolutely terrifying... I hope Elon Musk has no plans to go there, I don't care how convincing the execs at Weyland-Yutani can be.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 01:05:55 PM »
Can I just tell you that I find your planet absolutely terrifying... I hope Elon Musk has no plans to go there, I don't care how convincing the execs at Weyland-Yutani can be.

Elon Musk will probably end up bringing them here.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

The following users thanked this post: Mark Gardner

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 01:58:11 PM »

Elon Musk will probably end up bringing them here.

If one of those things gets down here...

v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
  • Following my characters. Wherever they take me.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 10:40:36 PM »
Agree with your rants.

Nowadays, I take recommendations for songs and movies from our very knowledgeable forum members.