Author Topic: A+ Content  (Read 10482 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: A+ Content
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2021, 01:23:08 AM »
If you want to send me the files, I can see what I can do.

I'm not sure it's worthwhile bothering with.

The ongoing poster of covers might be better, and just put it on all my books. And update it as I do a new one.

Thinking about what else I might add with it.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

LilyBLily

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2021, 10:13:06 AM »
It took me forever to get an image the right size, and I hope it's got enough pixels. Then I wrote some text.

Now the A+ content manager says I should find ASINs and apply them. I don't see a way to do that without using the comparison chart module. Here's what it says:
Add ASINs

"Search for ASINs to apply to this content. Note search results will be returned within the context of product families."

I don't know what that second sentence means. And I can't see how to apply even one ASIN, let alone multiples.

alhawke

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2021, 11:41:52 AM »
I just plugged in the ASIN under find and the books came up. Then I added another (which is still under review). It's not showing your book?

LilyBLily

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2021, 02:27:08 PM »
Nope. The book comes up and then nothing happens at all and there's no way to plug it in anywhere.

I'll figure out what's happening eventually. :dizzy

alhawke

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2021, 03:45:31 PM »
Nope. The book comes up and then nothing happens at all and there's no way to plug it in anywhere.
Seems glitchy right now. For curiosity, I tried to add a different ASIN and the book didn't come up. Maybe you should give it a try later?

I'm also still waiting for it to update my content.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2021, 03:48:18 PM »
Is the book added to AC yet?
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

alhawke

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2021, 01:34:18 AM »
Mine are all on Author Central. And now the book is showing up.
Lily, seems like the best way is to add the ASIN and let the system run a search and then select the book displayed. If you hit enter after you input name or ASIN, it reverts back to an empty search. Hope that helps.

The following users thanked this post: LilyBLily

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2021, 01:35:44 AM »
I redid my main poster to be the correct size, and submitted it.

cecilia_writer

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2021, 02:05:42 AM »
Mine are all on Author Central. And now the book is showing up.
Lily, seems like the best way is to add the ASIN and let the system run a search and then select the book displayed. If you hit enter after you input name or ASIN, it reverts back to an empty search. Hope that helps.
The instructions are a bit minimalist - at first I thought you could maybe search by book title or something.
Cecilia Peartree - Woman of Mystery

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2021, 02:08:07 AM »
The instructions are a bit minimalist - at first I thought you could maybe search by book title or something.

The whole thing is minimalist.

Adding asins by entering them is a joke.

They should be displaying a list of all our books, and letting us check a box for the ones to use this setup.

The following users thanked this post: cecilia_writer

cecilia_writer

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2021, 02:10:15 AM »
I've now made a sort of author header image and put it in the 'logo' module, then added another module for the things that are specific to the series. I didn't understand you could add more than one module at first so I tried to cram in everything all at once.
At least it has stopped me from writing for a while!

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2021, 06:32:41 PM »
They approved my covers poster, which was redesigned for the shape.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WL26P8G

The way I'm making these makes it very easy to change the shape as the covers get added, so once I get it on all the books, changing it won't be a problem.

notthatamanda

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2021, 09:04:56 PM »
Oh that's cool.

LilyBLily

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2021, 10:36:47 PM »
I finally got it together to try again and this time the ASINs produced the information correctly. Then I was automatically rejected for using the words "tortured" and "sexual(ity)," so I removed them. In fact my heroine was tortured, and I had the words "mild sexuality," but fine, I get it.

What I did not see was a way to include all the text with a side illustration; my text was too long for that format. So I went with full-width text.

I don't know if this will do anything useful but it might, so why not?

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2021, 11:07:21 PM »
Amazon gave in... Maybe they don't hate me after all.

Aalborinn

Miranda

World domination is on hold, four more A+ Content to complete.

R.C.

LilyBLily

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2021, 11:42:47 PM »

Aalborinn

Miranda

R.C.

They look good, and I like the idea that a reader is getting extra visual content. Some readers (like me) appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 06:02:33 AM by LilyBLily »

The following users thanked this post: R. C.

alhawke

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2021, 12:10:39 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WL26P8G
Looks great now!
I really like what you did with this! It's crisp, clean, and awesome.

Updates from all your suggestions for my book are still pending review for some reason. I'm wondering if it's stuck with Amazon's bots. This is pushing 3 days.  :tap  Good thing the updates are small and the original's still up. I might have to contact them soon.

cecilia_writer

« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2021, 01:45:42 AM »

Aalborinn

Miranda

R.C.

They look great - a good example of what can be done.

Vijaya

« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2021, 02:16:58 AM »
Thanks for posting links, Timothy, RC et al. I love all the big pictures! Nicely done!!! And Eric, thank you for starting this topic. I had no idea until now.

Author of over 100 books and magazine pieces, primarily for children
Vijaya Bodach | Personal Blog | Bodach Books

LilyBLily

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2021, 07:17:23 AM »
How long did it take Amazon to approve the A+ content?

Eric Thomson

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2021, 08:29:32 AM »
It took about 8 hours for my .com submission. Changes to said submission after it went live was in the order of 90 seconds. My .uk, .ca, and .au submissions took 3 days. My .de submission is lost in the ether somewhere and never went live.

alhawke

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2021, 09:25:11 AM »
About 8 hrs for me too for the initial added content in the US. But beware of updating. Updating is still in review after three days :icon_eek:

Eric Thomson

« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2021, 09:37:12 AM »
About 8 hrs for me too for the initial added content in the US. But beware of updating. Updating is still in review after three days :icon_eek:
Wow! Three days? When I updated my initial submissions after they went live, I received the approval email literally 90 seconds after I hit the magic button, and when I went to check, there it was. Perhaps they're being a little overwhelmed right now. I get the sneaking suspicion I was one of the early adopters.

alhawke

« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2021, 11:17:18 AM »
Wow! Three days? When I updated my initial submissions after they went live, I received the approval email literally 90 seconds after I hit the magic button, and when I went to check, there it was. Perhaps they're being a little overwhelmed right now. I get the sneaking suspicion I was one of the early adopters.
Per their instructions:"All content in compliance with our A+ Content Guidelines will appear on your detail page within eight business days. If your content requires changes, we'll send you an email with further instructions."  :icon_sad:
I just updated a comma and added two words. It's like they knew my updates were minimal (I doubt they knew).  :roll:  oh well.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2021, 11:27:44 AM »
Just submitted all my eBook asins for the same image.

I didn't know until I did this that I have 51 distinct books in the universe now.  :banana:

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2021, 12:40:50 PM »
How long did it take Amazon to approve the A+ content?

About 2.5 days for the first two. About 4 hours for the third.

R.C.

Pemry Janes

« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2021, 04:54:36 PM »

Aalborinn

Miranda

R.C.
That looks very clean but it does catch the eye.
Genre: Fantasy

cecilia_writer

« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2021, 12:21:04 AM »
I had an update and a new addition go through almost as soon as I finished typing just now - the last update took a day or two.
I think I'm getting a little better at this!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GD3VD2R

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2021, 12:22:37 AM »
Third attempt. This one connects the initial trilogy to the follow-on, five-part, space opera.

Biomass

Also, the title alignment will be corrected and I am considering changing the banner to something that emotes superpowers.

R.C.

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2021, 12:24:02 AM »
I had an update and a new addition go through almost as soon as I finished typing just now - the last update took a day or two.

Looks good! The banner appears washed out due to age (like and old document).  Hopefully, that was the intent.

R.C.

LilyBLily

« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2021, 12:25:28 AM »

Good stuff. Did you take the photos yourself or are they from a photo company such as Depositphotos? It's an unusual angle for the Royal Pavilion.

cecilia_writer

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2021, 12:51:21 AM »

Good stuff. Did you take the photos yourself or are they from a photo company such as Depositphotos? It's an unusual angle for the Royal Pavilion.

Thanks - these are my  own photographs. When I had a day job I used to go to some interesting places for meetings and conferences as I worked with museum collection software - when our group met at Brighton Museums we had a free lunch in the Royal Pavilion. (The Rye visit was a side trip when I went to a conference in London)

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2021, 12:18:16 PM »
Just out of curiosity, has anyone noticed a change in sales or reads as a result of adding A+ content?
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2021, 12:35:41 PM »
Just out of curiosity, has anyone noticed a change in sales or reads as a result of adding A+ content?

Not yet. But it's only been there on all books a day or so.

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2021, 10:54:14 PM »

The reads for this: Miranda have bumped since the A+ Content went live.

R.C.

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard

Eric Thomson

« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2021, 03:46:19 AM »
I couldn't swear to it, especially since I released book 7 in my series that always sold best on July 12. But my sales pattern for this new release is different in that I'm not seeing a rapidly decreasing tail. In fact, after the Amazon new release notification spike, sales dropped a bit and are now cresting again, and it's not just the new release, but almost my entire catalog is seeing sales. It could well be that using A+ Content to showcase the fact my five series are in the same universe and related in some fashion is helping drive readers to explore them, especially since I conveniently offer links to each series. Make of that what you will, but July was my best month since June of last year and even though we're only the first of August and early afternoon EDT, it's looking good for another strong month.

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard, R. C.

Simon Haynes

« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2021, 11:09:31 AM »

Aalborinn

Miranda

R.C.

They look good, and I like the idea that a reader is getting extra visual content. Some readers (like me) appreciate it.

I like the fact that the more of my own content I add to my product pages, the less other people's content (aka ads) take over the whole thing.

alhawke

« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2021, 03:32:49 PM »
Finally got approval. I transferred the content to all English speaking countries. For some reason approval is much faster.

Are you all sticking to English speaking countries? Or are some of you copying the content everywhere available? Of course, the content would be in English in some non-English speaking countries, but I'm thinking so are our blurbs. ??

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2021, 03:45:26 PM »
How do you duplicate what you did on .com to the other stores?

Since I'm only using a poster of the covers, there's no language consideration, so all I need to do is have the same thing on all the stores.

But how do you do it?

Or do you have to rebuild it for every store?

Needing to add all 51 books manually again doesn't thrill me, even once, let alone for all stores.

Eric Thomson

« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2021, 08:51:52 PM »

Since I'm only using a poster of the covers, there's no language consideration, so all I need to do is have the same thing on all the stores.

But how do you do it?

Needing to add all 51 books manually again doesn't thrill me, even once, let alone for all stores.
Go to each of the stores from the "Marketing Page" and tick the "Show auto-created content" box.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2021, 09:20:15 PM »

But how do you do it?

Go to each of the stores from the "Marketing Page" and tick the "Show auto-created content" box.

:tup3b

LilyBLily

« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2021, 12:30:45 AM »
I got a reply saying, "Contains text or images which do not meet our content guidelines. Please make the following revisions before resubmitting:

A+ content requires images and product text. Please add product images to this submission."

I have one large image only. Does this mean that I'm supposed to use one of the other modules in addition and absolutely must include images in it? I think that's what it means, but I'm not sure.

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2021, 12:38:53 AM »
It is probably anecdotal, but I have definitely seen a bump in page reads (KENP) since the A+ Content was approved.

Also, I receive a lot of "violates content guidelines" but alternative wording works fine.  My newest versions were approved within an hour.

R.C.

LilyBLily

« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2021, 12:54:01 AM »
The strange thing is my A+ content is showing when I look on Amazon at the books' sales pages, and it is listed on Amazon's A+ management page as "Approved." Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing?

I think I'll do one for some of my other books next.

alhawke

« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2021, 12:59:39 AM »
Sounds like you're good to go.  :tup3b
The system's definitely a bit glitchy. I'd probably wait till tomorrow to see if everything checks out.

LilyBLily

« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2021, 05:06:10 AM »
Definitely glitchy today. No trouble before noon but now it won't pull up any ASINs.

cecilia_writer

« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2021, 11:31:00 PM »
I had a spell of getting random Java type errors but I just left it to the next day and it was fine with the same content.
Just about to work through my series of 22 mysteries - eeek.

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2021, 11:40:29 PM »
Definitely glitchy today. No trouble before noon but now it won't pull up any ASINs.

Something was up yesterday, the tool was broken.  I saved a new content page and ended up with FOUR copies of the same item in A+ Content Manager list. 

Today seems fine.

R.C.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2021, 07:50:40 PM »
More Amazon stupidity.

My content which was approved on the US store, was just rejected for Can and Aus stores.

No reasons given, but if I interpret the guidelines correctly, a poster with small covers on it means all the writing is too small.

Why is it so small? Because their image size is too small!  :HB

ETA: And UK accepted it as well. So WTF?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 12:04:07 AM by TimothyEllis »

alhawke

« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2021, 01:25:35 AM »
My content which was approved on the US store, was just rejected for Can and Aus stores.
Same with me. They don't like me referring to links to their own store.  :doh:
I only hope they don't go back and change their mind in the countries that approved it.