Author Topic: Review on the wrong book  (Read 1154 times)

idontknowyet

Review on the wrong book
« on: June 22, 2021, 01:25:17 AM »
Where do i report to amazon that the review on my book was not about my book.

I write clean romance and this one is about food fetishes and teenagers stealing cars. The reviewer also mentions getting the book for free, but mine has never been free. The odd thing is she bought my book so its a verified purchase.

LilyBLily

Re: Review on the wrong book
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 02:46:03 AM »
Isn’t there a “Report abuse” button below the review? Try that.

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet

alhawke

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 10:37:40 AM »
2nd the "report abuse" button. Ugh, how irritating!

LilyBLily

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 12:22:31 PM »
Now that I'm not trying to type on a phone, let me add that rarely does Amazon remove a review.

You may have to ask and then ask again and so on. You at least have grounds for asking, since the review is not about your book. However, it would help if that review happened to mention very obvious things not in your book. If it isn't glaringly obvious, you'll certainly be turned down. Even if it is, you'll probably be turned down.

elleoco

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 01:06:50 PM »
I don't know. I once had someone post the same (bad) review under 2 screen names - word for word. They did remove one of those when I contacted them.

LilyBLily

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 02:17:07 PM »
It's worth a try, of course. Bonne chance!

Simon Haynes

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 06:26:31 PM »
I had a review on my kids book where the reviewer had read something else entirely, mixing the titles up on their Kindles.

I used to regularly click the 'report abuse' button, which did nothing for 5-6 years.

Eventually I complained on Twitter and asked my two thousand followers to click the Report Abuse button, and that review disappeared quicker than a snowball in hell. (When I say 2000 followers I'm guessing maybe a dozen clicked the link, but it must have done the trick.)

Simon Haynes

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 06:27:21 PM »
Bear in mind that Amazon must get a zillion 'report abuse' clicks every week from authors who don't like the latest 1-star review on their book. It must be very difficult to filter out the genuine ones.

Anarchist

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 02:44:41 AM »
Bear in mind that Amazon must get a zillion 'report abuse' clicks every week from authors who don't like the latest 1-star review on their book. It must be very difficult to filter out the genuine ones.

This.

For what it's worth, I once received a 1-star review complaining that Amazon failed to deliver the book. I told Amazon "This review is about your service, not my book. And it makes Amazon seem incompetent. Please remove."

The review was removed the following day.

That was years ago, back when I used to glance through my reviews. Who knows if Amazon would react in such a manner today.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Nothing that requires the labor of others is a basic human right.

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC