Author Topic: Kindle In Motion  (Read 724 times)

Wonder

Kindle In Motion
« on: February 17, 2022, 04:43:11 AM »
I was poking around the Zon this morning, and I noticed that Patricia Cornwell had written a space thriller. It caught my eye because I used to read her crime novels years ago, and I thought hey, maybe she's branching out. When I opened the page, I saw an animated cover and reference to "Kindle in Motion" which seems to be a set of interactive ebook features.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BN2WGGJ

I wonder if it's something new they're experimenting with.  As a reader, I'm not sure if I'm interested or not, but I picked up a copy to peruse.

Cheers,

Wonder

Gessert Books

• Flash Fiction unlocked
  • Book Layout and Formatting by Phillip Gessert
    • Gessert Books: Book Layout and Formatting
Re: Kindle In Motion
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 05:17:01 AM »
Kindle in Motion was actually something they were tinkering with a couple years ago and have since abandoned for the most part, AFAIK.

The following users thanked this post: Wonder

writeway

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 11:31:53 AM »
Yep, that's been around for years and was only for big trade authors. I'd forgotten about it. Amazon probably replaced it with A+Content.

The following users thanked this post: Wonder

Wonder

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 04:53:36 AM »
Yeah, I must have missed the blip when it came through. I thought the animated features were neat (the author's signature appeared on the cover as if being signed in real time) but coding that stuff in is probably more trouble than most authors want to go through. Also, none of those features work on the standard Kindle.

Thanks all.

Wonder

Gessert Books

• Flash Fiction unlocked
  • Book Layout and Formatting by Phillip Gessert
    • Gessert Books: Book Layout and Formatting
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 05:26:56 AM »
Being pretty much over anyway I doubt this matters much, but it was never available to self-publishers either way. Just trad pubs and IIRC specifically those run by Amazon as a parent company. So, at least no worries about having missed out.

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist