Author Topic: What made you laugh today?  (Read 2386 times)

guest215

What made you laugh today?
« on: October 27, 2018, 01:51:54 AM »
For me, it was this:

Vidya

Re: What made you laugh today?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 04:02:37 AM »
I want to buy a new TV, so I spent much of the day reading reviews on Zon. This review made me laugh and laugh:

“The Technician from SANYO have no any basic manners, the person who came for installing my TV started arguing with me and in the end it went to such a level that I had to tell him get out from my house. After this, 4 days passed any no any response from SANYO team.there is no any support from the local team also. I you decide to buy a SANYO product, pls do not talk with the installation team, if you do so your TV will never be installed. They think themselves as super hero, and don't care about the customer who shows interest in buying their product. I have not even switched ON the TV but I hate Sanyo.”

What I found hilarious was the combination of the weird English and the universality of his experience. We all have lousy experiences with bad service providers.

I think I’ll probably be buying this TV:

https://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-inches-Ready-TH-32F250DX-Black/dp/B07FTTD8QQ/ref=lp_7138322031_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1540529866&sr=1-17

I posted in a forum asking for opinions about it and am waiting to hear more.

guest215

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 05:20:25 AM »
I want to buy a new TV, so I spent much of the day reading reviews on Zon. This review made me laugh and laugh:

“The Technician from SANYO have no any basic manners, the person who came for installing my TV started arguing with me and in the end it went to such a level that I had to tell him get out from my house. After this, 4 days passed any no any response from SANYO team.there is no any support from the local team also. I you decide to buy a SANYO product, pls do not talk with the installation team, if you do so your TV will never be installed. They think themselves as super hero, and don't care about the customer who shows interest in buying their product. I have not even switched ON the TV but I hate Sanyo.”

What I found hilarious was the combination of the weird English and the universality of his experience. We all have lousy experiences with bad service providers.

I think I’ll probably be buying this TV:

https://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-inches-Ready-TH-32F250DX-Black/dp/B07FTTD8QQ/ref=lp_7138322031_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1540529866&sr=1-17

I posted in a forum asking for opinions about it and am waiting to hear more.

I do have to wonder what the argument was about, and if the person ever got their tv installed.

I looked at the link for the Panasonic, and a lot of those reviews look suspicious/potentially fake. They all came in during a very short period of time,and there's a top 100 reviewer in there. Those folks post dozens of reviews a day, for items they've received for free. It's suspicious.

On the other hand, the "Damaged item I will receive" one, which sounds like a prescient Yoda.

Vidya

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 01:28:17 AM »
"sounds like a prescient Yoda”--that made me laugh again. I should feature a minor character that talks like a prescient Yoda only when he’s  dooming and glooming and trying to warn people to be careful or warn them off something:

Fall off that ladder, you will.

A disaster this will be.

This war we will lose.

I spent today too researching and reading up as much as I could and I think I will buy this one:

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-inches-Ready-KLV-32R202F-Black/dp/B07CBWFQXC/ref=pd_sbs_504_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07CBWFQXC&pd_rd_r=cfc1818d-d9c5-11e8-8985-39fc5c8546e7&pd_rd_w=PhBkP&pd_rd_wg=FR8Yt&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A1VBAL9TL5WCBF&pf_rd_p=9fc668a0-2aac-4fb6-970f-606919bc0185&pf_rd_r=JKMCSCECW4SXSF0W0ETC&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=JKMCSCECW4SXSF0W0ETC

It seems to have better sound quality:

Sound: 20 Watts Output

the Panasonic was:

Sound output: 16 Watts Output

not sure how much difference that actually makes but I feel it’s safer to pay more and buy a brand that’s supposed to be the best here.

guest215

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 01:46:26 AM »
I think a character like that would be fun.

It's always so hard shopping for electronics. There's a fail rate with any product. I think it's important to always be sure of warranty and return policy, and after that we can only hope for the best. I hope your new tv works well!

laundrymaid

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 03:04:14 PM »
Dan’s Lame Novel
I was snorting with laughter in a doctor’s office and everybody was staring at me.  Maybe should have just played sudoku.

The following users thanked this post: Post-Crisis D

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 01:34:58 AM »

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 01:36:49 AM »

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Kate Elizabeth

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 02:46:29 AM »
While I was busy stirring oatmeal on the stove, my cats were going nuts at my French doors.  I went to see what the ruckus was all about.  My backyard was covered in robins.  Evie was making chirping noises and rapid mews, while Socks was plaintively mewing and looking at me as if to beg me to bring him a robin.

The following users thanked this post: HSh

HSh

The following users thanked this post: Captain Cranky, YouMeWe

YouMeWe

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 10:14:55 AM »
8 bit ABBA
http://8bitftw.tumblr.com/post/55029497971/abba-gimme-gimme-gimme-8-bit-version-square

Thanks for that, Hsh.

YOU made me laugh today.  And made me do a little desk dancing ... Grin
Pleez scoose n e errers, eyes lerrnin diktashun.

The following users thanked this post: HSh