Author Topic: Bookbub and when to discount  (Read 387 times)

Mysterywriter

Bookbub and when to discount
« on: July 10, 2019, 06:55:13 PM »
Hey all.

I have a Bookbub ( :banana:)

Only international, but looking forward to it.

Just wondering when you guys generally discount the book? i'm thinking of doing it a week before as I have just launched another in the series...

notthatamanda

Re: Bookbub and when to discount
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 08:33:33 PM »
Congratulations.
A week should be fine, but it is a discount (99 cents) or free? 
You may have to contact Amazon multiple times to get it to free so stay on top of that.
Good luck!

Mysterywriter

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 08:43:53 PM »
Thanks!

A 99c discount.

Amazing that you can sell as many books as you like, but Bookbub don't even entertain the idea of listing you until you go wide. Then the first time I applied I got one.  grint

Simon Haynes

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 10:17:01 PM »
That's one of the reasons I'm wide.  My marketing strategy is low-key releases, with a first-in-series bookbub once or twice per year. I also do a little AMS advertising but that's like throwing coins down a wishing well.

WIP

>
>
>
>
>

notthatamanda

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 10:47:50 PM »
Thanks!

A 99c discount.

Amazing that you can sell as many books as you like, but Bookbub don't even entertain the idea of listing you until you go wide. Then the first time I applied I got one.  grint
Been wide for a year, applied many times, never got one.  Romance.  What genre are you, if you don't mind my asking?

Mysterywriter

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 11:18:58 PM »
That's one of the reasons I'm wide.  My marketing strategy is low-key releases, with a first-in-series bookbub once or twice per year. I also do a little AMS advertising but that's like throwing coins down a wishing well.

Yeah, that's basically my new plan. I had a really good run with KU, but want more control over promotions and giveaways etc. Now I just need to crank more books out! (as always!)

Mysterywriter

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 11:20:16 PM »
Thanks!

A 99c discount.

Been wide for a year, applied many times, never got one.  Romance.  What genre are you, if you don't mind my asking?

I'm cosy mystery for the purposes of Bookbub, but I'm sort of in-between traditional British and cosy in reality.

I'd imagine Romance is a much tougher category to get into.Don't give up though! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

notthatamanda

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 12:23:20 AM »
Thanks.  My permafree new adult just got rejected.  I'm going to put at full price and apply for a 99 cent in Sept.
Maybe that will do it.  Best of luck.
We love Bookbub results around here (hint hint)

Mysterywriter

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 01:24:52 AM »
Thanks.  My permafree new adult just got rejected.  I'm going to put at full price and apply for a 99 cent in Sept.
Maybe that will do it.  Best of luck.
We love Bookbub results around here (hint hint)

Yeah, I'll report back!

The following users thanked this post: KFaitour

Gerri Attrick

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 02:32:29 AM »
Good luck @Mysterywriter.

I’ve only ever had International Bookbubs (they won’t take me for the “Big One”) but on my first - also for a British whodunit-cum-cozy mystery, I achieved a 4-figure month thanks to sell-through on the rest of the series.

I bought a new front door on the strength of it.  Grin

The following users thanked this post: KFaitour, twicebitten, Mysterywriter