Author Topic: Anyone heard of Bookzzle?  (Read 135 times)

Gerri Attrick

Anyone heard of Bookzzle?
« on: August 12, 2019, 09:35:53 PM »
Iíve had an unsolicited email from them this morning - totally out of the blue.

They appear to have only a small following at the moment, and their promo pricing reflects this - $20 and $10. As far as I can tell (not delved too far into it atm) they deal only with freebies.

It might be worth a punt - unless anyone knows otherwise.

https://bookzzle.com/book-promotional-services/

Anarchist

• Ready Player One
  • Medium Novel unlocked
  • Methodological individualist
Re: Anyone heard of Bookzzle?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 01:51:44 AM »
I recommend the following...

Over the next five days, open their daily emails. Do so several hours after they arrive.

Inspect the promoted books on Amazon, particularly those in your genre (or an adjacent genre). Look at the books' sales ranks. If the sales ranks suck (e.g. 10,000 for a free book), the promo site is ineffective.

This process is imperfect, of course. But it's the best you can do without spending your money.
"If taxation without consent is not robbery, then any band of robbers have only to declare themselves a government, and all their robberies are legalized." - Lysander Spooner

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet, TinkSaid, RPatton, diisha392, DmGuay, shrouded1

Gerri Attrick

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 01:58:31 AM »
Good advice. Thanks, Anarchist.

Bill Hiatt

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 08:10:04 AM »
I recommend the following...

Over the next five days, open their daily emails. Do so several hours after they arrive.

Inspect the promoted books on Amazon, particularly those in your genre (or an adjacent genre). Look at the books' sales ranks. If the sales ranks suck (e.g. 10,000 for a free book), the promo site is ineffective.

This process is imperfect, of course. But it's the best you can do without spending your money.
I'd add one additional suggestion. On days when someone is following your suggestion, it would also be good to look at some other titles that should be in motion (like books promoted by Bookbub). That would be a good idea just to make sure that the ranks are actually updating. We know that at times, the ranks can freeze for hours. Other than that, your approach sounds like a good way to test promos in general.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter