Author Topic: Problem - it don't work  (Read 676 times)

Simon Haynes

Re: Problem - it don't work
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2019, 02:56:29 AM »
I set up my german (and french) author services page many years ago, and haven't been back.

Years ago, I had to claim my books on the Amazon UK author page as well as US. Now it seems to use the US settings. I thought the other amazons might follow suit, but maybe not.

Anything's better than the aussie site, where there's no author info at all.

Also yWriter, free novel-writing software for Windows PCs. (Mac version in progress).
SalesScanner, free KDP/Google Play/Kobo/Smashwords report analyser & aggregator.

Simon Haynes

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2019, 02:58:21 AM »
Okay, just went to authorcentral de and all my recent books are there.

What I noticed on the UK site is they list the paperbacks instead of the kindle books under the author's name. Some kind of precedence thing, since we can't buy the kindle editions there I guess.

Also yWriter, free novel-writing software for Windows PCs. (Mac version in progress).
SalesScanner, free KDP/Google Play/Kobo/Smashwords report analyser & aggregator.

notthatamanda

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2019, 12:09:15 PM »
I created a small 2 day ad for Germany. It seemed to work and launch okay, but I have no idea where to find the dashboard for Germany. I created the ad by going through the bookshelf.  Can someone explain to me how to get to the Germany dash?  I tried using the .de extension on advertising.amazon but just ended up back at the US site.  Thanks, Amanda

ETA - I managed to try to log into the German site, but it was all in German, no button to change it to English that I could find. They called me to give me a code to log in, in German. So I didn't enter the code.

On a side note, the ad will only run for 2 days and it may take up to three days to approve so it might die a natural death. I would really like to be able to see the dashboard though and make sure this ad isn't spending $5 for infinity.

Edited again - I got in, I tried all the things at the top and managed to get into the dashboard, which was in English.  That was after I sent an email asking for help and telling them to cancel the ad.  So we will see how this all plays out, but once this ad is done I can't say I'm terribly excited about the .de site.  If they change the layout on the page I'll be scrambling again, unless I can get the log in page in English.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:05:34 PM by notthatamanda »

Marti Talbott

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2019, 01:14:40 PM »
I have always thought it was kind of silly to separate all the countries (reviews, ads, and dashboards, etc.) I mean it's Amazon and while it's hard to find techs willing to work for what Amazon pays, it's just too bad they didn't have the foresight when they started adding countries to set it up better.

Yes it is - It is a full moon! I might just go outside and howl! On the other hand, they've made it so difficult they're saving me money.