Author Topic: Free-eBooks.net - not falling for this one.  (Read 136 times)

Marti Talbott

Free-eBooks.net - not falling for this one.
« on: October 09, 2019, 10:21:39 AM »
Uploaded my bestselling book to this site free, got a one start review and never went back.

Reach 2.3 MILLION Readers

Hi MARTI,

The biggest hurdle most authors face isnít in writing their book, or the editing or even in publishing. Itís attracting readers. Unlike videos, TV and even movies, most people can only consume one or two books per month. Therefore, readers tend to be very selective, leaving many great books unnoticed.

While we at Free-eBooks.net do all we can to promote our authors there is one, extra-special, technique we only deploy twice per month (as not to dilute its effectiveness) that will explode your readership...

Weíll send a dedicated email to all our 2.3 Million readers exclusively featuring YOUR book (and nothing else)!

Typically, this results in 10,000 extra downloads of the recommended book. Thatís far more readers than most authors hope to attract in a lifetime!

So whether your goal is to build your fanbase, to get readers interested in the first installment of a series, to promote yourself or your business, or simply for the satisfaction of knowing so many people are enjoying your work, this is one of the most powerful promotions youíll ever see.

THE ďCATCHĒ: there is a cost of $480. Please understand this is NOT a money-maker for us. The raw costs of simply emailing 2.3 MILLION readers consumes approximately half of that. Then when you factor in our time we nearly break even. Other publishers would charge you 10X this fee for this level of exposure. But we purposely keep the cost to a minimum as it helps us attract new popular authors.   

As mentioned; we only do this twice a month. Itís strictly on a first-come-first-served, basis.

If youíre interested DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. Rather contact me directly at Spotlight@Free-eBooks.net

I look forward to hearing from you and exploding your fanbase!

Nicolas Gremion,

Founder of Free-eBooks.net

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trilogy unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy somewhere, 2616
    • The Hunter Legacy Universe
Re: Free-eBooks.net - not falling for this one.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 11:54:53 AM »
The moment you see 'do not reply to this email', you know it's dodgy.

And the only way they can send to 2.3 million email addresses is if they are buying email lists which have nothing to do with books.

How do they have 2.3 million readers and not be known to all authors? Even Bookbub dont have a fraction of that number.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Legacy series on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

David VanDyke

• Medium Novel unlocked
  • Full-time hybrid author and curmudgeon
    • David VanDyke's Author Website
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 03:48:40 AM »
Even Bookbub dont have a fraction of that number.

Sure they do. Just add up the listed numbers of newsletter recipients on the left side of the page and you get a lot more than 2.3M.

A quick eyeball looks like 30-40 million, assuming no overlap. But there's probably overlap, so perhaps 10-20M is more likely.

https://www.bookbub.com/partners/pricing
Never listen to people with no skin in the game.

I'm a lucky guy. I find the harder I work, the luckier I am.

Marti Talbott

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 03:56:39 AM »

Sure they do. Just add up the listed numbers of newsletter recipients on the left side of the page and you get a lot more than 2.3M.

A quick eyeball looks like 30-40 million, assuming no overlap. But there's probably overlap, so perhaps 10-20M is more likely.

Yes, but how many of those are authors who signed up for the emails just to see their own and the competition's books come out? I've often wondered about that.

dgcasey

• Medium Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 04:22:15 AM »

Yes, but how many of those are authors who signed up for the emails just to see their own and the competition's books come out? I've often wondered about that.

That and the fact some will sign up for more than one list. I'm signed up for three different genres or lists with Bookbub, so I'm being counted in three of those lists. Oh, and I didn't sign up to keep up with the competition. I signed up to see which books look interesting enough for me to buy.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.

Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

Simon Haynes

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 04:56:15 AM »
I'm subscribed to all the bookbub genres I write in. I like to see what they've accepted for featured deals, the deal price, description and cover art, and whether they're indie or trad pubbed.

Also yWriter, free novel-writing software for Windows PCs. (Mac version in progress).
SalesScanner, free KDP/Google Play/Kobo/Smashwords report analyser & aggregator.