Author Topic: Christmas Tree for Parkinson's Research  (Read 225 times)

notthatamanda

Christmas Tree for Parkinson's Research
« on: November 18, 2019, 09:52:39 PM »
Hi, I'm not asking for money, I promise.
I am doing a Christmas tree decorated with red tulips (origami) to auction off at our town's annual tree festival to raise money for Parkinson's research.  I'm going to make a tree skirt our of paper tulips.  I will leave a basket with extra tulips and pens so people who visit the festival can add a name to the skirt. If you would like to honor someone who has/had Parkinsons, let me know what you want to put on the tulip.  Mine is going to say "Mickey Dad Pop-pop 1939-2018".

Thanks for reading, Amanda

ETA - I should of said I'm putting the tree up 12/5 so all names welcome up to 12/4-ish.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 10:00:30 PM by notthatamanda »

The following users thanked this post: Vidya

Jeff Tanyard

Re: Christmas Tree for Parkinson's Research
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 07:47:04 AM »
Luckily, no one close to me has ever had Parkinson's, so I don't have any names for you.  But I think this is a cool thing to do.  My sympathies go out to everyone who has been touched by that malady in some way.

I also think it's cool that you can do origami.  If you can post pics, I'd like to see some of your creations.
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

notthatamanda

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 07:50:19 AM »
Thanks, I am no origami master.  The red tulip is the symbol for Parkinson's awaremenss, so I googled and watched some youtube videos.  I'll post a picture of the tree once it is up.   I would definitely do more origami, but there are a lot of things on that list.  :)

notthatamanda

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 08:04:49 AM »
Can't post a picture because it's too big. Above my expertise to smallify it, sorry.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 08:42:00 AM »
Can't post a picture because it's too big. Above my expertise to smallify it, sorry.

After the first [img] do this [img height=200]

or even 300 should be okay.

The following users thanked this post: notthatamanda