Author Topic: Did everyone get the Amazon email about printing in Canada?  (Read 1381 times)

Marti Talbott

Did everyone get the Amazon email about printing in Canada?
« on: December 04, 2019, 11:42:34 AM »
Hello,

We’re excited to announce paperback manufacturing in Canada! This enables new features for KDP authors, including:

Faster shipping to your readers in Canada. Manufacturing in Canada enables FREE Two-Day Shipping for Prime Members.

Amazon.ca royalty reporting in your KDP reports. Previously, Amazon.ca sales were included in Amazon.com sales. As a result, you may see a shift of some units from Amazon.com to Amazon.ca reporting.

Canadian Dollar (CAD) list prices. You can update list prices by going to your Bookshelf, clicking “…”, and then “Edit Paperback Rights & Pricing.” If you don’t update your list prices, we will convert the United States Dollars (USD) list price to CAD for Amazon.ca. Learn more.

If you have indicated in your KDP account that you hold distribution rights in Canada for your books, we invite you to set CAD pricing.

Please note that, as of today, proof copies and author orders for authors in Canada will still be printed and shipped from the US.

For more information on setting up paperback rights and pricing, visit KDP Jumpstart.

Regards,

The Kindle Direct Publishing Team
Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23

ilamont

Re: Did everyone get the Amazon email about printing in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 10:30:43 PM »
I saw this. Good news -- more sales and fewer costs for both the reader and publisher. In the past I have looked into exporting offset-printed books into Canada and it is a huge mass of red tape.
I am the author of Lean Media: How to focus creativity, streamline production, and create media that audiences love. Lean Media website, Lean Media blog. I am also the publisher of IN 30 MINUTES guides.

Follow me on Twitter at @ilamont.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
Re: Did everyone get the Amazon email about printing in Canada?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 02:51:03 AM »
Yes, this is definitely a step forward.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | Facebook author page |