Author Topic: What are you currently reading?  (Read 21641 times)

Michelle Louring

• Novella unlocked
  • The owl is pure evil. Don't let him fool you.
Re: What are you currently reading?
« Reply #300 on: February 05, 2020, 06:37:49 PM »
I thought it was about time I did one of my book owl photos with the most owlish book of all: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
It's been years since I last reread the Harry Potter series, but I find I still enjoy it immensely.

Crazy owl lady. I also occasionally write Fantasy books, but the owl is really all anyone cares about.

https://michellelouring.com/

Kate Elizabeth

« Reply #301 on: February 26, 2020, 03:17:01 AM »
I started a lot of books over the past month or so, but here are the ones that I finished:

Ed West's Saxons vs. Vikings - an irreverent history that I loved.  I will definitely check out more of his books.

Lucy Foley's The Hunting Party - I liked this thriller pretty well.  I could really feel the isolating Scottish wilderness that the characters experienced.

Helena Hunting's The Good Luck Charm - this was not her best, but it was still okay.  Meet Cute was much better.

Melody Grace - All for You - a lovely romance.  I will definitely check out the rest of her series.  This was the 2nd in the Sweetbriar Cove series.

I'm currently reading two books:

Rhys Bowen's Love and Death Among the Cheetahs (Book 13 in Her Royal Spyness Mystery Series) - I have loved this series from the beginning.

Robert Silverberg's Hawksbill Station novel - I just started this one.  I was intrigued by the blurb and I didn't realize that this was originally a novella.

LeonardDHilleyII

• Tag Line unlocked
    • Leonard D. Hilley II Author Website
« Reply #302 on: February 27, 2020, 01:09:02 AM »
Blood of the City by Robin D. Laws

Vijaya

« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2020, 02:50:01 AM »
Really enjoying Andrew Levy's A Brain Wider Than the Sky. It's part memoir, part history of migraine treatments and migraineurs.

Author of over 60 books and 60 magazine pieces, primarily for children
Vijaya Bodach | Personal Blog | Bodach Books

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2020, 03:08:47 PM »
Really good paranormal thriller.

I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

Kate Elizabeth

« Reply #305 on: March 26, 2020, 07:16:45 AM »
I just finished Miranda Liasson's Then There Was You.  I will definitely read more of her books.

I'm currently reading Jane Casey's Let the Dead Speak, a UK police procedural.  I like it, so far.

Hopscotch

« Reply #306 on: April 02, 2020, 11:56:39 PM »
Rereading everything on my overburdened home library shelves - right now Jean Backus' Letters from Amelia (Earhart) - and taking those books I no longer want to keep to the neighborhood bookshare box by the beach when I do my daily walk, hastily sidestepping joggers who think speed spares them the need to maintain social distancing.