Author Topic: You can add paperback ASIN numbers to your AMS ads now.  (Read 81 times)

notthatamanda

You can add paperback ASIN numbers to your AMS ads now.
« on: July 15, 2020, 10:58:22 PM »
I assume you can add audio too, but I'm not AMSing anymore so I don't know.  I'm just posting this for you guys to see in case you missed the email.

I got this email today:

In our continued effort to improve your view of advertising performance, we are making an update in our reporting process. This update provides books advertisers with a more actionable view of ad performance and control over spend by title.

As of 1 July 2020, sales for current and new Sponsored Products campaigns featuring Book ASINs are reported for the advertised ASIN only. Previously, reporting may have included sales for various formats of the title advertised. As a result of this update, you may see variation in advertising-attributed sales trends, but this does not affect your billing [or royalties].

To continue viewing sales across multiple book formats, add all applicable formats to a single Sponsored Products campaign. For example, in order to see the sales for both the eBook and paperback version of your title, add both ASINs to the same campaign.

Thank you for using Amazon Advertising.

Marti Talbott

Re: You can add paperback ASIN numbers to your AMS ads now.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 10:05:54 AM »
I assume you can add audio too, but I'm not AMSing anymore so I don't know.  I'm just posting this for you guys to see in case you missed the email.

I got this email today:

In our continued effort to improve your view of advertising performance, we are making an update in our reporting process. This update provides books advertisers with a more actionable view of ad performance and control over spend by title.

As of 1 July 2020, sales for current and new Sponsored Products campaigns featuring Book ASINs are reported for the advertised ASIN only. Previously, reporting may have included sales for various formats of the title advertised. As a result of this update, you may see variation in advertising-attributed sales trends, but this does not affect your billing [or royalties].

To continue viewing sales across multiple book formats, add all applicable formats to a single Sponsored Products campaign. For example, in order to see the sales for both the eBook and paperback version of your title, add both ASINs to the same campaign.

Thank you for using Amazon Advertising.

I've pretty much given up their ad program too. I can't ever find my book on sponsored, and suspect you have to pay a dollar or more to get it up high enough. Wish I could afford to test that theory. Maybe they are trying to make it more likable because a lot of people are leaving it behind.
I'm just here for the good company.
martitalbott.com