Author Topic: Editor of NYT and indie bestsellers with 6+ years experience | 25% off for WS!  (Read 1320 times)

EditorBlair

• Tag Line unlocked
  • Professional editor, grammar geek, sharp-eyed lady
    • The Author Studio

Hi everyone! I'm pleased to be here on this fantastic new forum. As someone who watches many indie authors build careers, I know how invaluable this kind of support and community is.

Who Am I?
My name is Blair and I run The Author Studio, where I'm proud to provide tip-top professional editorial services to indie authors, authorpreneurs, and everyone in between. I have many satisfied, successful author clients with intriguing blurbs, tightly plotted novels, and (most important of all), lots of satisfied readers (with the five-star reviews to match).

A brief list of my qualifications:
  • Over six years in the publishing industry, including five and a half as a Senior Editor at Quirk Books
  • Editorial projects include NYT, indie, and international bestsellers; Goodreads Choice finalists; and starred reviews from Publishers Weekly and other
  • An MFA in Creative Writing
  • Traditionally published author of three titles (HarperTeen and S&S)
  • Member Editorial Freelancers Association, Association of Independent Publishing Professionals, Romance Writers of America, Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
Why Work with Me?
I like to say I'm a triple threat: I have industry experience, a certified writing education, and the empathy of a fellow author who's been on "the other side of the desk" through publishing two novels and a picture book. If you're looking for a quick-and-dirty cheapie edit, I'm probably not your gal. But if you want professional-level polish and insight for books to build a backlist on, I want to hear from you--making that happen is what I do.

What Do I Offer?

Editorial assessment
I will read your manuscript and prepare a 3–5 page letter evaluating its content, including plot, character, theme, language, and overall marketability. (Does not include on-page edits.)
Typical timeframe: 2–3 weeks
Base cost: .01/word

Developmental edit
I will edit your manuscript with thorough in-line comments and suggestions and prepare an edit letter of 6–8 pages detailing strengths, weaknesses, general suggestions for revisions, and an evaluation of the book's marketability and sales potential. Includes on-page edits. A developmental edit is a "big picture" edit, the first step before diving into line edits or proofreading. This is for authors who expect to complete a revision and rewrite on their manuscript.
Typical timeframe: 4 weeks
Base cost: .015–.02/word

Line edit
I will edit your manuscript thoroughly with on-page comments addressing sentence structure, voice, grammar, plot logistics, character consistency, timelines, and the like. (Does not include an editorial letter.) This is for authors who have revised their manuscript at least once and are ready to dig into more scene-specific and detailed edits.
Typical timeframe: 2–3 weeks
Base cost: .01/word

Proofread
I will edit your manuscript for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and all nitty-gritty mechanics. (Does not include an editorial letter or feedback on content.) This is a final polish edit for authors on the verge of submission or publication.
Typical timeframe: 2 weeks
Base cost: .008/word

My specialty is YA of all genres, but I also love fantasy, romance, young adult, historical fiction, and cozy mysteries. Really, if you have a good idea, I'd love to be your editor!

Post here or PM me with any questions, or check out The Author Studio website for more info.

Limited-time offer: Mention you've come from Writer Sanctum and receive 25% off your first edit.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 01:55:27 AM by EditorBlair »
Professional editing for ambitious authors | The Author Studio

Visit my vendor thread for editorial service info | Limited time 25% off for Writer Sanctum members

EditorBlair

• Tag Line unlocked
  • Professional editor, grammar geek, sharp-eyed lady
    • The Author Studio
Hello, writers! Happy New Year. I have a feeling 2019 is going to be a good one.

If you're looking for an experienced, thorough, professional edit, I hope you'll get in touch! I'm pleased to share some testimonials from my clients:

Blair was exactly the type of editorial professional I was looking for to help me in the next step of my book. She was timely and deeply thoughtful in the insightful suggestions she offered. She gave me specific examples of how to grow my main character and suggested resources that would further help me with enhancing my story. Thanks Blair, for the constructive feedback and the positive collaboration!

Blair was great to work with. She provided precise edits and recommendations as well as brief comments which made me smile throughout the book. I would love to work with her on another project in the future.

She pored over every inch of my novel, organizing her thoughts, observations and ideas into well-organized notations and an incisive editorial letter. Her critiques were surprising but also on point, while her praise was genuine and heartfelt. Most vitally, she suggested clear paths for me to take my story, and read past my literary fumbles to grasp the intent at the heart of my novel. What else could a writer ask for?

I'm also happy to provide complimentary sample edits to show you how we can work together. Don't hesitate to post or message with any questions, too!

http://theauthorstudio.co/editing/
Professional editing for ambitious authors | The Author Studio

Visit my vendor thread for editorial service info | Limited time 25% off for Writer Sanctum members