Author Topic: DataSprout vs BookReport? Thoughts?  (Read 968 times)

DmGuay

DataSprout vs BookReport? Thoughts?
« on: January 08, 2021, 11:51:48 PM »
Hi guys.

I am a BookReport user, but some indies have sung the praises of Datasprout, so I thought I would plink around on it and see how I liked it.

Are there any DataSprout users here?

If so, is there anyway to link it to author central so you can see your recent reviews and book ranks, like BookReport? I'm not seeing the option in the Datasprout settings. Yes, BookReport's ranking function has been busted since the Author Central update, but I do like that function it if ever returns.

Datasprout is about half the price monthly, so I'm weighing the options. Any input would be appreciated!

D.M. Guay | Web site

The following users thanked this post: R. C., idontknowyet

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
Re: DataSprout vs BookReport? Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 04:30:21 AM »
I loaded the Chrome extension for DATASPROUT.

First impression, I prefer the DATASPOUT layout to BookReport.

Second impression, the data (content) is not the same on either KDP Dashboard, BookReport, or DATASPROUT.

Third impression, the extension did not ask me to log in to the KDP account for data... Which probably means it is reading the KDP cookie for authentication.  Not sure I like that...

Overall, DATASPROUT is projecting a good month, so I like it. D'oh!

Cheers,
R.C.

DmGuay

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 04:35:23 AM »
I noticed that, too.

I did like the monthly projection. But I don't like the lack of ranking and review data.

I'm on the fence. I'm trying to cut my annual expenses, and Datasprout is half the price, so....

D.M. Guay | Web site

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 12:11:42 PM »
But I don't like the lack of ranking and review data.

BR hasn't fixed that yet either.

At this point, it's looking like they never will. It's already well past time a half decent programmer could have solved the issue of the AC change.

Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.