Author Topic: Do These Make You Want To Click?  (Read 346 times)

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
Do These Make You Want To Click?
« on: May 23, 2024, 10:11:26 PM »
Do you prefer one over the other?

TIA, R.C.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
Re: Do These Make You Want To Click?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 11:54:12 PM »
They seem pretty similar. Either one would get me!

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | Facebook author page |

The following users thanked this post: R. C.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 12:16:36 AM »
Sorry, but I get distracted by the super skinny legs, especially the one on the right.  Can those legs support the upper body?  And what's with the hand hovering over the groin?  Did the person pull a muscle?  Probably from trying to stand up from a chair, I'd guess.  And the boots?  Super skinny legs with big heavy boots?  No wonder a groin muscle was pulled.  The mystery is how these characters walk without toppling over.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 12:39:26 AM »
I really like the covers!  Good music too. :)

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2024, 02:16:39 AM »
I like the atmospheric music . I don't have a problem with the pics because I was too busy reading the sub-titles to really notice them. I have a 'thing' about movies with sub-titles. I don't like them as you can't concentrate on the characters and any subtle facial expressions and might miss something like a wink while reading the wording. Do readers actually watch book videos? I would be interested to know.

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

PJ Post

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2024, 01:01:07 AM »
The quality is good, but if I put my Art Director Business hat on:

I don't think the messaging is focused enough. The video is too busy and hard to connect with.

The music is good, but not sure if it fits. I didn't get a sense of genre from it. And it's a little intense. The music should draw the viewer in just like a good opening line or paragraph.

I'd go with way bigger text, fewer words - more tag line-ish - and larger images that fill the screen.  Check out film scores for movies in your genre to get a sense of what audiences expect.

And I'd promote one book at a time. Maybe 10-15 seconds?

The reason for the one book thing is to hyper-focus your messaging, similar to the single lane argument from a few months back. Also, by splitting up the books you're creating synergy by having more spots to run.

Most videos these days are pretty pro, so we have to go above and beyond concept-wise to stand out and get attention/engagement.